Thread: what features does a dsi have

what features does a dsi have

Hi, I am looking for a gift that I can deliver to my nephew and I was looking at the nintendo dsi which would be a perfect gift for his bithday. However, as this comes in my budget, I would like to know what are the features of nintendo dsi that differentiates it with other gaming consoles? Also please tell me your views on some other gaming consoles as well with the budget remaning the same keeping in mind. Thank you
    "The answer is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to."

Re: what features does a dsi have

There are many features of Nintendo DSI Gaming Console:
    1. The repeating parrot
    From the main menu, hit DSi Sound and you'll come to the screen with the 'Record and edit sounds' and 'Play with your music' options. Oh, and a little parrot that's listening to your every word.

2. A Mario minigame
    Load some AAC-format music files onto your DSi (via SD Card). While your songs play, give the pull string on the middle of the lower screen a yank with your stylus (or press the down button on the d-pad). This scrolls through a number of quirky graphic equalisers on the upper screen.

3. Bring colour to PictoChat
    Fire up PictoChat on your new DSi and you'll see at a glance that there are absolutely no new buttons at all. So there are no new features in it, right?

4. No need to reboot
    A couple of small but nevertheless handy tips. At any moment while using your DSi, whether you're playing a game, listening to music or just browsing your photos, you can get back to the console's front-end menu just by tapping the power button.

More information here.

Nintendo DSi vs. PSP-3000 vs. iPod Touch, v1.0

Notes:
    1: Approximate size, based on Nintendo's assertion that DSi is 12 percent thinner than DS Lite.
    2: Architecture of the DS Lite and, as noted, subject to change pending official release notes.

So in my views there is no offence going for a Nintendo DSi.

Source: joystiq.com

DSi is good because of the touchscreen capabilities and camera+ voice distortion. DSI is better for kids because it has more kid freindly game like Poke'mon. The PSP have lots of violant game like God of war but it still has some kid games. But if i had to choose between them i would take both. Both systems have features the other system dousn't.