Thread: wii lightsaber

wii lightsaber

I have heard that there is soon a wii lightsaber controls is going to be launched especially for the game called Star Wars series? Is it true or a fake news cause if it is then I am going to be on the top list to buy it first. Can anyone clearify what this new wii lightsaber control thing news is in for real? Thank you
    ------- EARTH

Re: wii lightsaber

Some news on Wii Lightsaber controls revealed:

When the Wii Remote was first revealed, some though of tennis while real gamers thought of Star Wars - an FPS Lightsaber would be the thing of dreams.

A re-release of Lego Star Wars might not quite be the game we all dreamed of, but it'll raise a fair few smiles with its new Wii-enhanced controls. While most of the fighting commands can still be performed by pressing a button, they can be powered up further with motion control.

The building of objects with loose Lego bricks (done with the Z button) can sped up by moving the Wii Remote up and down - emulating the motion of the little Lego Man's arms.

Force powers are also done with Z and similarly can be powered-up by directing them with the Wii Remote, while moving the remote from down to up with blaster-type characters activates their grapple hook.

Wii Remote waggle is in there too, predictably serving up the basic attacks, as well as batting away incoming laser fire with Lightsabur characters, says GameSpy.

Like we said, not quite 'The Dream' and the fact that it was designed for an ordinary controls seems to show, but it could be fun.
    Source: computerandvideogames.com

I also saw a video in which LucasArts has ahem, 'unleashed' the latest web documentary for Star Wars: Force Unleashed, showing just how you swing a Lightsaber with the Wii Remote (and stylus).

Expectedly, it doesn't look like the flawless 1:1 sabre thwoom-fest we imagined in our dreams, but the first proper Star Wars game of the generation definitely looks better in motion on Wii (and stunning on PS3/360).

See the video here.

I would rather opt to buy a Force FX lightsaber from Master Replicas before they run out (they've just lost the licence to Bandai, makers of go-bots and other plastic tat). Seriously cool. Try searching for Sheffield and lightsaber on YouTube to see some friends of mine having fun with theirs (completely smut-free!).