Thread: Gba bios for psp

Gba bios for psp

Where will i get gba bios for psp ? Is it legal can i put it in my PSP ? Will it effect any harm to my psp performance ? Thanks for the help .

Re: Gba bios for psp

What is the GBA BIOS?
    The gameboy advance includes a small BIOS ROM (built-in in its CPU), the program code in this ROM is used for three purposes:
    • The Intro Sequence. Displays the Gameboy logo and Nintendo logo each time when the GBA is switched on.
    • The SWI Functions. Maths, initialization, decompression, and other functions, which can be used by GBA software.

• Multiboot Function. Allows to boot the GBA from other computers or consoles even if no cartridge is inserted.

The original BIOS code is copyrighted by Nintendo, and, for that reason, not included in the no$gba package.
    Note on Intro sequence: Of course, unlike real hardware, no$gba is not bound to the execution of this nag screen, and allows to start the game cartridge directly. This is particulary useful for programmers whom are probably testing new builts of their programs many-many times per day.
    This fast boot mechanism can be used also for single-gamepak software.

The GBA BIOS is a set of low-level subroutines used by GBA games to perform such operations as square roots, trigonometry, data decompression, and the like. These subroutines are stored on a 16 kilobyte mask ROM inside the GBA CPU. In GBA emulation, a "BIOS file" is a copy of the GBA BIOS in a computer file. Without a BIOS file, an emulator needs to use a high-level emulation of the functionality in the BIOS file. This emulation is often inaccurate, and some GBA emulators (notably VisualBoyAdvance) will work better with a real GBA BIOS image available.

Gba bios are not illegal, if you own the system. and if you host or distribute then it is illegal . you can many download for Gba bios from net just search gba_bios.bin