Thread: free command and conquer download vista

free command and conquer download vista

Hello , Can you tell me Where can i download free command and Conquer Game for windows vista , pllease provide me the download link Thanks in advance ,

Re: free command and conquer download vista

The editors are obviously acting according to their words and after Ubisoft have loose some of its PC titles for free, here come the turn of Electronic Arts. The U.S. is actually getting benefits from the twelfth anniversary of the Command & Conquer series to get a little publicity and disseminate free "founding father" of the saga: Command & Conquer.

Hey you can download the From here http://gamedaily.newaol.com/pub/CnCGold.zip

[B]INSTALLING AND RUNNING C&C GOLD
    Follow the instructions below to install and play C&C GOLD
    Once you have downloaded the game files, you must burn them to disk, then follow the instructions below to install and play C&C GOLD.

Preparing to Install
    1. Insert either C&C disc into your CD drive
    2. Open My Computer and explore the CD
    3. Right click either the install.exe or setup.exe
    4. select PROPERTIES
    5. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab
    6. Check the check box for ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    7. Select WINDOWS 95 from the drop down menu
    8. Click APPLY then OK
    9. Double click the .exe file you just modified to launch it

Installing the Game
    1. When you’re prompted to update DirectX, uncheck the check box so you won’t install it. It is extremely important not to install this DirectX update
    2. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
      Note: Installing Westwood Chat is not required, it can be canceled if you desire

Installing the Patch
    1. Visit ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/ccgold and download CCGOLDXPPATCH.ZIP Unzip the files and copy thipx32.dll into the install directory of the game (default path is c:\WESTWOOD\C&C95) You may overwrite the old version of the .dll file

Preparing to Run the Game
    1. Go to the install directory of the game (default path is c:\WESTWOOD\C&C95)
    2. Right click C&C95.exe
    3. Select PROPERTIES
    4. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab
    5. Check the check box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    6. Select Windows 95 from the drop down menu
    7. Check the check box for “Disable visual themes’
    8. Check the check box for “Turn off advanced text services for the program’
    9. click APPLY then OK

Playing the Game
    Select _Start > All Programs > Westwood > Command & Conquer 95 > Command & Conquer Windows 95 Edition. Or double click C&C95.exe located in the install directory (default path is c:\WESTWOOD\C&C95)
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

This is actually the Windows version of Title 95, the same which appears in the Command & Conquer The First Decade compilation , fortunately is has no problem of distribution since Command & Conquer is now available from various download servers. Note that to benefit fully, you must recover the disk images devoted to the GDI and NOD.

Electronic Arts also produces a small text file that details the procedures to install and play the game, with particular emphasis on the need to run the whole mode Windows 95 compatibility. i wish you a good download and good game!

hi,

im desparately trying to install and play the old red alert, but am having a few problems. i have searched and found several guides to follow, but i seem to get stuck at the same spot each time.

i downloaded the disc images and extracted them, and mounted them to a virtual disc app. then i go and change the compatibility to windows 95 mode, but when i try to run the setup.exe file, i get the following message:

"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

the installation guide i am following is available here:

(if you scroll down to RickRolled's post, i cannot get past step 3)

im running 64bit vista on my laptop

please help!

thank you