Thread: How to use console controllers on computer

How to use console controllers on computer

Hi,

I want to send controller inputs to a pc and modify the output and send the data on to the ps3 via usb. Is there any special trick to making the gaming controller work with windows? Is it possible to plug a console on my computer and get the console's video output to show in a window or something. If yes, how to use console controllers on computer ???

Re: How to use console controllers on computer

Use emulator Project64 to use console controllers on computer , which at first seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. I had some trouble trying it myself as my PC doesn't meet the steep system requirements of Project64. Yet from what I have seen, if you have the right PC, Project64 will probably work better for you than any other Nintendo 64 emulator.

You want controllers for which type of console? If you are looking for X-BOX, then go for Xeon, you can download it here. It runs only one commercial game and it is Halo NTSC version, it plays very roughly, the images are too slow to get in game, of course the emulator is still under development so let’s expect more for this great emulator.

I think it depends on the version of Windows that you are using. It's usually plug in and play in my experience, but that was with the wireless thing. Microsoft has a newer API for xbox 360 controllers called XInput which has support for additional features with DirectInput. Since I have been using NES adapter from long back. More information : How to use console controllers on computer.