Thread: downloaded FUEL for pc, so slow???

downloaded FUEL for pc, so slow???

Hey Guys!
    I downloaded FUEL for pc yesterday. Heres my specs:
    Windows Vista x64 Home Premium SP2, 320GB HDD
    4GB RAM, 256MB AGP (ATI RADEON HD3200), DX10

The game is slow and kinda laggy. I have turned off all advanced options, like Dirt Maps, Normal Maps, Occlusion, etc in the splash screen, and texture quality is set to low. Even then the game looks good! The only thing I really want and have set, is an HD resolution, and I am happy with 1280x720, 1280x768, or 1440x900. Either of those will do. Still the game is kinda slow. Any way to speed up the game a bit further? ...and being a racing game, a little bit of lag can spoil the whole joy Any config, ini, etc files to edit? Anything at all!??
    thanks!

Re: downloaded FUEL for pc, so slow???

The reason the computer gets slow is due to the registry files becoming corrupted or get messed up. For that you nee to check what applications are starting up when you boot your computer, for that you need to go to your Start menu, then select Run, then type in msconfig, then take a look at the "startup" tab. Anything listed here will start up with your computer. These things will run in the background and use up memory and CPU time. These files tell the computer or laptop how to operate the software installed on the system. Another option is to try defragmenting your computer.

Since you are interested in high-definition resolution, I would advice you to check your graphic card. Check whether your graphic card is game-supportive. Because most of the graphic cards are specifically designed to support high level games and provide excellent resolution. Besides that, check the settings of your startup applications. Unnecessary applications loading while startup causes entire system to perform slow..

Install the latest drivers for your motherboard and graphics card (most important). Disable any programettings running in the background, such as anti-virus scanners (you can do this using the control panel).Reduce Texture details Reduce Shadows. Set graphics : to Low or Medium.

Mr. Boo Bear, robodude and Hitman22, THANKS TO ALL THREE OF YOU FOR THOSE GREAT REPLIES! The Startup Program thing helped a LOT! I had to disable Adobe Acrobat, SweetIM, HP Update, etc etc from startup, that I almost never used! And now my computer starts up a whale of a lot faster! YOOHOO!
    Recently I had an auto BIOS firmware upgrade, so I think my motherboard driver upgrade is done....and now I will update my graphic card drivers. I will also disable Avast Antivirus before playing any game.
    Any more suggestions would, of course, help, but as I said, thanks for those great advice...