Thread: Dungeon keeper 2 freeze

Dungeon keeper 2 freeze

I've been having problems running Dungeon keeper 2 on under Win XP. I can get the game to work, the intro movie plays, and the loading screen pops up, but when i get to the menu, it freezes, and even giving me the blue screen of death. I have read some answers with this problem but they dont work.

PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Dungeon keeper 2 freeze

This game is incompatible with WindowsXP. you need to run with the 1.6 patch. Dungeon Keeper 2 is always going to have serious stability problems, if it runs at all. It has been that way since XP was first released.

There are other issues but your post is unclear on the hardware setup. Power supply and RAM are also recurring themes as well as drivers and more. first check the application event log and see if there is an event.Right-click on "computer" and select "manage", then open "Event viewer","windows logs", "Application" and see if there are any errors.

There could be a chance that your graphic card is having some compatibility issues with the game. The last patch has fixed a lot of the errors, but also on certain video cards. I suggestions you to get the game to run but it crashes moments into a level, make sure to turn off hardware accel. in the games options screen.

I had the same problem, but then i got dungeon keeper 2 working on Windows Vista by updating the Graphics driver. Sometimes it becames necessary to install drivers that are digitally signed by microsoft so that your OS performs smooth operations.