Thread: How to reduce lag on runescape with dial up

How to reduce lag on runescape with dial up

Runescape is one of my favorite games that i usually play. But from last few days, whenever I log onto Runescape, it lags horribly for some time. I thought it might be the Java problem so i reinstalled Java on my computer but its still lagging. My system is having 512mb of ram and i have dial up internet and i always have 26.4 kbps. Is there any way to reduce Runescape lagging any how ? Please help.

Re: How to reduce lag on runescape with dial up

First of all i would like to say that you just can not speed up your dial up connection speed. What i can suggest you to reduce the lag of the game is try lowering the resolution in-game. Place all graphic details at low always. Also try to run a minimum of applications on your computer while playing the game. Or the best of all upgrade to broadband or DSL. There is no program to make your internet go faster.

Try running the game in safe mode and see that it lags or not. There is a little box to tick before you choose your detail to play it in safe mode. If still it lags than definitely you need a faster internet. Also try to clean up your hard drive. Try ending some of your processes that aren't being used, and maybe run a spyware or virus scan.

It may be your graphics card. Try it with some other graphic cards. Also close all unwanted application while running the game.I would also suggest you to play in a low-detailed, and with little players world. It cuts down on the lag a lot.