Thread: How to connect to xbox live on vista laptop ?

How to connect to xbox live on vista laptop ?

I want to connect xbox live via my laptop. I don't have any knowledge about this, i'm using windows vista and really noob in operating vista. Please direct me how to do this?

Re: How to connect to xbox live on vista laptop ?

To connect both a computer and an Xbox to the Internet, you need an Xbox Live-compatible router. A router shares your Internet connection so that your computer and your Xbox can use the Internet at the same time. You connect the router to your existing modem (provided by your ISP), and then connect all your computers to the router.

If you already have a router and it's not compatible with Xbox Live, you may be able to configure it to work properly by opening the ports. However, configuring a router can be complicated, so you may want ask a technically savvy friend to help you with the process.

If you want to put the Xbox in a different room from your computer, you can use a long network cable, a wall-plugged network extender, or a wireless network. Wall-plugged network extenders are perfect for connecting an Xbox in a different room because the performance is great and they're easy to set up. If you already have a wireless network, however, it's easier to simply add the Xbox to your wireless network.

Read the full guide here: Connect an Xbox or Xbox 360 to your network

You should select you ethernet connection and your wireless connection and bridge them together that's how i do mine. You can find Internet Connection Sharing by doing the following:

• Start button -> Settings -> Network Connections
    • Right-click the appropriate connection (likely your Wireless one, duh)
    • Click the "Advanced Tab", and check that first box.

Reboot laptop & Xbox, make sure they're connected with a CROSSOVER ethernet cable , and you should be good to go.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"