Thread: What are CS:S rates

What are CS:S rates

hi
    i wanted to know what are CS: S rates. Does all that have some relation with game Lag, Ping Loss and Choke in counter strike i have experienced such problem regarding my gaming server where to fix CSS rates can any one tell me ?

Re: What are CS:S rates

the problem does not come from any ISP or even the connection.I summarizes the LOSS is between you and the server, and the done CHOKE is that the pc has a temp compute stinks to send it on time to the server, so the LOSS your connection or the server, but the choke relate exclusively "YOUR PC!

if your graphics options are a ball, it is possible that some seriously slow down your options system "if the graphics card is too soliciting it pump the resource on the CPU that has slowed if not prefect temp of all the calculations to send packages to a temp server so you had CHOKE and LOSS is only the logical packages that do not send a temp on the server are considered as lost!

So, to address the choke is easy!
    • forget anisotropy, remain in bi
    • forget the HDR High Dynamic Range (which is what gives the most dazzling light on some map! De_dust "for example")
    • the problem persists try to lower your resolution

The server my rate to match that of the server by the maximum rate to be standing on the lock up 25k or 30k and not vice versa as you claim .... Ideally, I would always rate play 30k but many servers are locked at 25k

in the beginning, all net settings copied from 1.6, it was that 25k was not enough for css. 25000 rate implies that you per second up to 25000bytes info to send to the server. If you play with net_graph 3 will see you under your fps a number of what reflects the number of bytes of 1 'package' (1 frame). Because high resolutions and high details is often enough over 250bytes max out and you tickrate 100 (100 packages per second, if you have 100fps) to get over 25000bytes/sec from leading to a loss of packages -> choke

Choke happens when a rule set by you or the server administrator tells the server to stop sending updates. So then the server holds on too tell them it can send them. I know who would say stop sending updates. You dont actually say that to the server. What happens is we set our rate settings to low or the server sometimes forces us to a low rate setting. Here is an example I already used: You are suppose to get 100 updates per second from the server each update is around 400 bytes. That is 40,000 bytes per second but you have set your rate to 30000 that means after you receive 75 updates you wont receive 25 updates that second. So your choke will be 25. So to avoid this in the example I just wrote you would have had to set your rate to 40000 and you wouldn't have choked at all.

Well that is easy enough so I set my rate setting higher and my choke will be gone. Yes it is that easy, but it isn't so easy to make HL2 server administrators across all understand that there sv_maxrate setting is a big problem. In that same scenario you could set your rate to 40000 and get rid of choke but if the server set sv_maxrate 30000 (which I bet 60-80% do) then you will still choke cause the server will force you to a rate of 30000. So the only way to get rate to work correctly we need the server administrator to change settings there as well so we dont choke. Choke is like the one thing we can control and together it is possible to rid most of these servers or choke. Below are rates for some clients and some recommendations for server administrators.

Recommended server settings:

sv_maxrate 100000

I would be very surprised if anyone ever choked at 100,000 rate that is why I picked that setting. If servers set maxrate then that we could get rid of our own choke and we couldnt blame the servers anymore.

another settings that works fin e

rate 20000 (Half-life engine to max 20000)
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_cmdrate 115
    ex_interp 0
    max_fps 100