Thread: NFS Hot Pursuit crash to desktop

NFS Hot Pursuit crash to desktop

I am having Microsoft windows operating system installed on my desktop. Few days before I have downloaded and installed the NFS hot pursuit game on my system. When I click on the icon of the NFS located on my desktop the NFS starts loading. It is able to display the intro, maps are also displayed but when I select car to start the mission it crashes my desktop. I am unable to trace problem. Is there any additional requirements of software that I need to install for playing NFS Hot Pursuit. Provide me a solution to overcome this problem?

Re: NFS Hot Pursuit crash to desktop

The reason for desktop crashing must be the requirements which are needed by NFS hot pursuit are not satisfied. The minimal requirements for NFS hot pursuit are specified below:
    • Intel Core 2 DUO @ 1.6 GHz Processor
    • 1 GB Memory
    • 6 GB Free Hard Drive
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT/ATI Radeon X1800 512 MB Video Memory
    • DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7

If the above requirements are satisfied then NFS hot pursuit will not crash.

Suppose that you have installed NFS hot pursuit on your system and while playing NFS if it crashes then there might be the problem of registry. You need to change the registry by going to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE// EA GAMES/ NEED FOR SPEED and check the cache size. The cache size should be 3044530176. If the cache size is 3044530176 then replace it with 1522265088 and start the game. Restart your system and start NFS hot pursuit again.

While you are playing NFS Hot pursuit and you are having antivirus or firewall installed into your system then it might also lead to several problems such as crashing, freezing etc. To stop these problems you need to disable or uninstall antivirus software from the system if it is installed while playing online. Thus because of the antivirus software installed into the system may cause your desktop to freeze and this freezing sometimes might result into crashing also. If any firewall is installed then disable it when playing NFS hot pursuit. After you finish from playing NFS hot pursuit you can enable your firewall.

NFS hot pursuit might crash because you have not updated your sound and graphics driver. To fix the problem of crashing you should update your sound and graphics driver. You should have the following driver to play NFS hot pursuit.
    • AMD Display Driver Catalyst 10.10 WHQL for Windows Vista / 7
    • NVIDIA GeForce/ION Graphic Drivers 260.89 Beta for Windows XP/7/Vista

One of the reason for crashing might occur because you have not installed service pack for your operating system. You should download and install these service packs because these service packs keep your operating system updated.

Suppose you are using pirated setup of NFS hot pursuit to play the game, but in the pirated setup all the files are not loaded. The setup might be completed successfully and when you start to play game it might crash because all the files are not loaded. If you want to play the game then you can download the demo version, install it and play the game. If you want to full version then you need to register yourself online and you will get the product key. After getting the product key, enter the product key into the demo version of NFS hot pursuit and it will become full version.

Well, although my pc fits all the requirements, it still crashes in the track selection screen. Any sollutions ?

Quote Originally Posted by bazelos13 View Post
    Well, although my pc fits all the requirements, it still crashes in the track selection screen. Any sollutions ?
    If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista then try running the game Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in Compatibility Mode, then slect Win98/ME. Also try to lower the gameplay settings to the minimal and check whether it crashes or not. Disable all background applications and also reinstall the game once again. If you are using a ATI video card, then you can force AA through the Catalyst Control Center.

I'm having crash trouble whenever I try to open gameplay settings to configure my controls, but it just crashes to the desktop everytime and can't get a leverage. I also tried to change it in Configtools but it's also not working...What's wrong here? Please, I need help

My specs:
    RAM:4GB
    GPU:Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1gb
    CPU:Core i3

ThumbsUp Re: NFS Hot Pursuit crash to desktop

Finally friends, and all NFS fans, at last, I have found the fix for NFS HP 2010 crashing,

while loading, at startup, at car select screen, or just before the race.

All the solutions which different sites suggests like,

1. Updating dx.

2. re-naming the target of the NFS11.exe.

3. updating your graphic card drivers to latest ones.

4. changing affinity.

5. running as administrator.

6. changing compability to winxp service pack 2 or 3.

are totally ****ing crap. The game fully works on 4 cores or more than 2 cores.

I downloaded the game and completed the game within 10 days of release in november 2010

without any crashes, freezes, or any kind of errors.

Recently, I installed it again for playing and found it crashing to desktop before race.

I tried all the above crap, but it was just waste of time.

Then i tried to find the problem, and finally after 3 ****ing days, found it.

The thing is you need not update your graphic card drivers.

You need the Nvidia “260.99_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql” drivers.

Do not update your graphic card drivers above this version.

My pc configs. are:-

intel core 2 quad q6600

win7 ultimate 32 bit

2 gigs of ram

nvidia 9500gt (1gb ddr2)

As you told that the game is crashing in your case then you should check that there should be enough free hard drive space where you have installed the Hot Pursuit. I am saying this because this may be because of the game’s data caching. Other than this, you should also maintain the video card drivers and direct updated. If you are using the ATI then you can use the ATI Hotfix and see if that helps you.