Thread: How to set up Xbox pc Connections

How to set up Xbox pc Connections

I have my desktop hooked up wireless to my home network using a Netgear Wireless G mimo router. my computer is in another part of the house where I want my Xbox as well. My router is opposite my computer, so running a CAT5 from the router to the Xbox is out of the question. While the program doesnt show any files on the Xbox side, the program sits there looking like its doing something and then it loses the connection saying "(R) Connection failed (Connection lost). Although I have done it, and it works and I can find it on the network and everything.

Re: How to set up Xbox pc Connections

You want to hook it up to the PC, not necessarily the router... so, I know that you can go from Xbox to Xbox using a crossover cable, so you should be ok going from PC to Xbox using FTP, with a crossover CAT5 cable.select the "Quick Connect" option from the connection options. Enter in the IP and the other info. Check in the other tabs to make sure that passive mode is enabled. Also, the CAT5 cable is not plugged into your 1394 port, as that is the firewire port... it's plugged into an RJ45 jack, which is where you would plug a CAT5 cable into an ethernet adapter. Are you using a regular ethernet cable or crossover cable?

Re: How to set up Xbox pc Connections

Do you just have one ethernet cable connected from your XBOX to a port on the router and one connected from your PC to the router? Here it will be Hub/Switch Directly to Internet setup This is a common configuration if you have a single machine and want to put your Xbox on the same network. If your current Internet connection goes directly from the Network uplink into your network card, this will be the easiest configuration to set up.If you are already sharing your network connection with multiple computers, or plan to in the future, you may need a NAT if you do not have enough IP addresses from your ISP for each computer.