Thread: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Unable to run under Vista

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Unable to run under Vista

I have taken a Medal of Honor : Allied Assault game from my friend, he was running windows XP and i am running windows Vista, i installed the game, while installing game the monitor screen flicker two or three times, after installing the game when I try to play it, the loading screen says "can't open GLsetup" what does it mean and where can I download it.
    Thanks for your help

Re: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Unable to run under Vista

First uninstall the complete setup of your game and start fresh installation, before starting with fresh installation Right-click on the executable or the program shortcut to the executable, and then click Properties. You need to Select the Run this program in compatibility mode check box. There you would see the list, from the list, select an operating system that the program runs in comfortably. and as your monitor flicker you need to change the display settings and/or resolution, or disable the Windows vista visual themes.

Re: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Unable to run under Vista

I tried a search in start-up, and have looked in the program files for the game, and the only cfg file is called newconfig.cfg. To be fair to Vista, most of the problems I came across were related to video card drivers which have nothing to do with Vista itself. I started off this experiment using the drivers that came with my video card. I soon found that an update was required and this allowed most games to work without any other tweaking.