Thread: How to make a DOS game on Windows Xp

How to make a DOS game on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my opearting system. I would like to know that how to make a DOS game that can run on my Windows Xp. So can any body tell me that how to make a DOS game? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How to make a DOS game on Windows Xp

For you kind information, there is no DOS in Windows XP. You called it asthe "command prompt" is not really the DOS. It can be thought of as more of a simulation of DOS. So, while this makes for better speed and stability, it's important to remember that some games just won't work on your modern computer, no matter how hard you try.

Try running the game by simply clicking on it, then try various settings on the compatibility tab, perhaps to trick it into thinking it is running under Windows 95. For that you need to use a C or C++ compiler. According to me that works best for DOS games and programs. C is sort of difficult to learn, but once you get the hang of it, you shouldn't have too much problem.

Windows and Linux and Mac and whatever else tend to have a LOT of cool graphics libraries to do these things for you. Since you can't troubleshoot a program without seeing the error message it's giving you, you need to access the MS-Dos shortcut for it so you can modify its run parameters. You need to access the MS-Dos shortcut for it so you can modify its run parameters. If a Dos game doesn't run properly, the odds are that its program window will open and close so quickly you can't even see its contents.To do so, right-click the game's executable, choose Properties and disable the Close on exit checkbox found on the Programs tab. Check your properties before attempting the steps below, try running the game by simply clicking on it. Once you've set this option, try opening your Dos game's executable again.