Thread: Which PS3 is PS2 backwards compatible

Which PS3 is PS2 backwards compatible

hi,
    i have ps3 but i have some game compatible with ps2 which is old now i wanted to play it on my ps3 but some told me that it is not backwards compatible with PS2 games.Can some one tell em which one allows me for hdd to install ps2 games ?
    thank you ?

Re: Which PS3 is PS2 backwards compatible

1. 20GB has no chrome trim, no memory card reader and no wi-fi. 20GB has no chrome trim, no memory card reader and no wi-fi. Not manufactured anymore. Not manufactured anymore. Has the best backwards compatibility with PS2 games due to Emotion Engine (PS2's CPU) and Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU) installed. Has the best backwards compatibility with PS2 games due to Emotion Engine (PS2's CPU) and Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU) installed.
    2. NTSC 60GB has the same backwards compatibility as 20GB version, also has memory card reader and wi-fi. NTSC 60GB has the same backwards compatibility as 20GB version, also has memory card reader and wi-fi. Has a chrome trim. Has a chrome trim.
    3. 80GB - extended memory, but reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games, it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 80% of PS2 games can be played. Available only in NTSC regions. 80GB - extended memory, but reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games, it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 80% of PS2 games can be played. Available only in NTSC regions.
    4. 40GB - can't play PS2 games at all (all PS2 chips were removed), has 2 USBs instead of 4, no memory card reader, has wi-fi. 40GB - can not play PS2 games at all (all PS2 chips were removed), has USBS 2 instead of 4, no memory card reader, has wi-fi. Avalable in black and white colors. Avalanche in black and white colors. White is on sale only in Japan. White is on sale only in Japan. Uses 65nm technology (lower power consumption). Uses 65nm technology (lower power consumption). Improved cooling system. Improved cooling system. It's the latest version. It's the latest version.
    5. PAL 60GB - reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games. PAL 60GB - reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games. it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 80% of PS2 games can be played. Around 80% of PS2 games can be played.
    6. Wi-fi included in all models, except 20GB. Wi-Fi included in all models, except 20GB.

There are five PlayStation 3 hardware models that are commonly referred to by the size of their included hard disk drive: "20", "40", "60", "80" and "160" GB models. for compatibility check herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Retail_configurations

Completely backwards compatible PS3 with all games is the 80GB PS3 that packaged in the MGS4 bundle .The compatibility of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 format software titles for use on the PLAYSTATION 3 varies by model as follows: http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-...p_sid=1P9bCDwj