Thread: What is XBMC for Xbox

What is XBMC for Xbox

Well I had a Xbox play station at my home. All knows that it is an game console. I have read somewhere that by some xbmc thing I can make my game console to work with my TV sets, sound system, etc. For example the new xbox 360 has a built in media center. It is something like that. Can some explain me in more detail about xbmc thing. Where can I get it and how to configure it in the game console. What benefit would I receive from it.

Re: What is XBMC

It is a media center. XBMC stand for Xbox Media Center. It is an open source media player and entertainment hub. It is designed to work with a ten feet UI for a single room tv. It is now available for multiple OS platforms. The most common audio, image, video, visualization, playlist, slide show and third party plugins are supported by it. It also works on a network. It is freely available on the net. By adding XBMC in your system you can use your gaming console to view hd movies on the TV sets in your room.

If you ar thinking to switch to Xbox 360 just for the media center thing then you must stop. XBMC can help you to give the maximun numbers of feature which the new version has. It is equipped many functions and features. It is an media center tool by which you can connect your gaming console, your pc and TV together to get an hd experience. It supports almost all common audio and video formats. Other than this your view your favoraite images on your TV set with your family. You can play games, listen songs, watch movies, etc and much more. It isn ethernet capable function by which multiple systems can share it.

By XBMC you can the play lates games and enjoy the HD experience also. It is an amazing open source tool which gives you a dash board on your screen with multiple feature to exploit your whole system. It is not just made for gaming but it is more like an theater tool. You can play, watch, listen multiple movies and audios. It aslo supports your playlist generated in your system. It can rip dvd's from network pc. You can move and place files from your Xbox hard drive.