Thread: Hulu on Xbox 360

Hulu on Xbox 360

I had read some where that hulu is coming to xbox 360. It would be great if that news seems to be true. It would be a great fun if hulu comes on xbox 360. I hope so its not a prank. So, i would like to know that is that a correct news? Or is it any kind of rumor? Can any body tell me that is Hulu Coming to Xbox 360? Does any body have any idea about this news? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: Hulu on Xbox 360

To us, it seems likely that this event is supporting a Hulu on Xbox 360 announcement coming at E3. PlayOn streams online video from the likes of Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix to your Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or HP MediaSmart TV. In addition to the three streaming video sites mentioned above, PlayOn also supports CBS, CNN, and ESPN. According to one reader, XBMC users can also take advantage of PlayOn by setting up an UPnP share.

It took a little work as I had to setup an ethernet bridge so that Windows could pull an IP address from the router instead of using NAT from the virtual machine but once I got it bridged my 360 was able to see it. The technology is fairly simple, the software grabs RSS feeds from video content providers and pushes them through over your home network. With support already encompassing ESPN and CBS, it would appear that PlayOn! brings us a few steps closer to officially ditching our cable or satellite boxes. Netflix support has also been promised to be included in a new version of the software as well as Nintendo Wii compatibility by year's end.

This isn't the first time that Hulu has been mooted for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. The application is available as a free three-week trial and costs $30 for a full license. If Netflix streaming is what you want most, you can already turn your Xbox 360 into a streaming Netflix player for free or just wait until the fall update. Windows XP and Vista users can now stream video from sites like Hulu and YouTube directly to their Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and HP MediaSmart TVs.