Thread: Troubleshoot COD4 on Windows Vista

Troubleshoot COD4 on Windows Vista

I had purchase Call of Duty 4 and installed in my system. I have and intel processor with 1 gig of memory and 512 nvidia graphic card. I had played a game couple for time. But the now the picture is different. Like sometime while playing the game the system restart's. After that when I launch the game again I receive the error on the display as iw3sp.exe. Then again after a restart I got a different error called Video Card or Driver does not support UBYTE4N vertex data. I really fed up with this. I believe this an unstable version with windows vista. If there is some solution please reply.

Re: Toubleshoot COD4 on Windows Vista

The error iw3sp.exe is related with the game. I was too facing the same problem. In between the game crashes and my pc restarts. Basically it is an file which is either incompatible or corrupted. So because of that the game crashes. Remove the game and reinstall it again. The clean copy of game can resolve this solution. May be there can be some possibilities of bad copy of file at the time of installation. It does not mean that COD4 in unstable with vista. Just remove the game from control panel and reinstall it again. After that follow some rules like, always exit the game properly, save it before exiting.

Some time before I got the same error. When I cleared the first 2 levels the game crashes at the loading screen. Then a error is displayed denoting iw3sp.exe error. Don't worry it not an incompatibility issue. It is a common problem faced by many gamers. I am putting two solutions here. Tye either one of them. Navigate to C:/Program Files/ Activision / Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare / Miles /. Search out for mssmp3.asi named file. This file is related to your game audio. It is the file which supports audio of game. Just replace a fresh copy of this file from your disc. You can use the search feature it will do all work for you. Copy the file and paste it in the above location. Restart your system. Second solution is reinstall your game again.

"Video Card or Driver does not support UBYTE4N vertex data" is the error because of your graphic card driver. Update your drivers to latest. Log on to nvidia website and download the driver for your card. You can try this one also. Right click on My computer > Properties > Device Manager. Search out for your card and double click on that. Select update drivers. Insert your driver CD or It will search your driver automatically on the internet. Restart your system and relaunch the game.