Thread: Sim 2 free DirtectX problems- Application terminates

Sim 2 free DirtectX problems- Application terminates

I have the following configuration PC like this: Dual Core E8400, 1GB RAM, Vista Home Basic. First time after i installed sims 2 it worked, but second time when i wanna play, it doesn't worked.
    "Failed to find ant DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provieded by the manufacturer.The application will now terminate."
    I'm really out of ideas, and I would appreciate if anyone could help.

Re: Sim 2 free DirtectX problems- Application terminates

"Failed to find ant DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!"
    do you have any DX9 compatible video card or not? not all graphics cards are Directx 9 compatible. Especially older graphics cards or built in chipsets. The game might install fine, but it won't play. You would have to use an in window option or update the graphics card.

Did you download this game or something? Have you download the crack for this game? Just download DirectX 9.0c by clicking on this link http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows...xdownload.html and install it. Restart your computer after installation completes, and try to run the game again. Or else You would have to use an in window option or update the graphics card.

I have also get the problem while installing the Sim 2 and i found the big problem and therefore i list down the biggest cause of problems while running The Sims 2 appears to be video hardware and software related. Specifically:

1. Make certain that your computer meets the The System Requirements for running Sims 2.This problem will be related to your hardware.
    2. Make certain that your video drivers are up to date. This problem will be related to your windows software.
    3. Make certain that you install the latest DirectX drivers. Again with the windows software.
    4. Make certain that various programs which might interfere with the updates listed above are turned off while you perform the updates and this problem would be related to your windows update.

you may also have the following forum discussion.
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/714893.htm