Thread: Play quicktime on ps3

Play quicktime on ps3

I have PS3 which is connect to my wireless router. I tried to play Quicktime HD files on PS3 but when i put my usb drive to play the quicktime video it doesn't play. Do i need to convert that video file in to MP4 format.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Play quicktime on ps3

QuickTime to PS3 Converter is software to convert all video file in to quicktime supported such as wmv, mpeg and mov.With the converter, you can set different zooming modes and different splitting modes for the output file. The QuickTime to PS3 Converter support to set the name of the output file, you are very flexible to do more settings. Are your interested? Free download and try.

PS3 support H264 Video but video must be in mp4 format. Put a Quicktime HD file with AAC LC soundtrack but in a Quicktime Container.Using Quicktime Pro you can convert that to an .mp4 container and audio is converted in to downward from 5.1 to stereo.

Open your .mov file in Quicktime Pro. Then select File >Export. In the resultant save dialog, select MPEG-4.Then click on Options. Under the Video tab, select MP4 at the top, and for Video Format: Pass through. Remember that PS3 won't play quicktime natively but PS3 Media Server will transcode these on the fly for playback through PS3 so no need to convert them. For Audio, the settings are also that simple: Pass through.Click OK and wait. The process is fairly speedy, since ostensibly no re-encoding is happening. The result will be a file with a .m4v.