Thread: How to create playlist in Sony PS3

cool How to create playlist in Sony PS3

I have ps3 connected to my media server running in my pc. Normally when i play a music dvd it take really long to time to play each file individually. I want a way to create a playlist so that I can play songs continuously through my ps3. I don't find any way to do that. How can set up the system to play songs continuously without going and changing it manually. This makes life more easy.

Re: How to create playlist in Sony PS3

Your problem can be solved by windows media player playlist. Basically you will need to load all the files into your pc. Then run windows media player and create a playlist. Add them up in a single playlist and save them. You can use it anytime. These playlist will play the songs automatically for you. You can even add movies in it.

Create a dynamic playlist with windows media player. The sony ps3 can read the playlist and you will be able to play songs. To create a dynamic playlist do the below steps :
    • First create a folder in your pc which can access easily from your ps3. Give it a favorable name. Eg. Latest Songs.
    • Now create playlist files which is in .m3u format in your computer. Then change the extension of the file to .txt and past it in the new folder. Just rename it again as .m3u after sometime.
    • Add the new folder to your windows media player library.

I hope this works for you.

The best option is to use TVersity. It one of the cutting edge technology for multimedia. Just log on to tversity.com and download it. It is freely available. Basically the Sony PS3 is not designed to identify the windows playlist file. But you can use a third party tool for that. It is not just only a playlist creator but a multifunctional tool. By TVersity Media Server you can manage your internet and home media. By the PEG feature you create your own personalized channels. Just go for it. It one of the best tool.

I know that the thread is old, AND most people use PS3 Media Server now... but I've written a small tool that can get you to create playlists (Specifically random playback) for your PS3 connected to Windows Media Server.

I am looking for more people to test it out before I publicly release it. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Icephoenix231

at

yahoo

you know the rest.

Sorry to be a bother, you can also try downloading it at. I need testers for this program!