Thread: Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

Legacy of the Brian Lara series, Codemasters announced Ashes Cricket 2009, the new simulation of the sport known in our country. This title will be on licenses ECB, MCC and Cricket Australia, which will obviously be based on players, teams and official stadiums.The game will feature an Ashes mode, featuring all five Tests played out at authentic recreations of each venue. It will also give players the option of One Day Internationals, 20 over games, Test matches and even challenges. The PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will also feature full online multiplayer as well as support for local multiplayer games. A pack of game modes will be the appointment of the Opus, which will be released on PS3, 360 and PC this summer in the United States. A Wii version will follow a little later.

re: Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

The graphics are pretty good but need some work on it ,, entire engine has been build up from the ground by Transmission games for exploiting the potential of Xbox 360 and PS3

See this video for more information : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/as.../video/6209378

re: Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

Press release

The Ashes, the most exciting and thrilling confrontation in international cricket, will be brought to game screens this July as Codemasters today announced it will publish Ashes Cricket 2009 as the official game of this summer’s tournament for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PC; a Wii™ version will be released later in the year.

Providing gamers with the most authentic Ashes experience possible without having to don their whites, Ashes Cricket 2009 is fully licensed by the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), the MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club, the world's most famous cricket club and owner of the Ashes urn) and Cricket Australia, providing the game with all the official players, kit, stadia – including Lords and The Brit Oval – and equipment from this year’s npower Ashes Series.

Coming from the home of video game cricket, Ashes Cricket 2009 is set to build on the heritage that Codemasters has enjoyed with its best-selling Brian Lara series and will continue to lead the field with great batting, bowling and fielding gameplay and authenticity that made the series a huge hit with cricket fans the world over. Produced by Codemasters, the game is currently being developed by Transmission Games ( Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play (PSP)).

Delivering all the exciting, athletic, skilful and technical elements of the sport, the game’s comprehensive ‘Ashes’ mode will feature all five Tests played out at carefully detailed recreations of each authentic venue. In addition, gamers will also be able to play Test matches, One Day Internationals, 20 over games and a series of challenge modes. The high definition current generation versions will feature full online multiplayer as well as support for local multiplayer games.

“The Ashes is set to be the sporting event of the summer and it’s great to be producing the official game of the Series,” commented Jamie Firth, Producer, Codemasters. “In partnering with the development team at Transmission Games, Ashes Cricket 2009 is a cricket title with an unprecedented heritage that comes from two companies that know and love the sport. The Brian Lara titles became the number one cricket gaming brand for over ten years and it’s a reputation that we fully intend to continue with Ashes Cricket 2009 .”

John Perera, ECB Commercial Director said, “The Ashes is one of the iconic challenges in world sport. With cricket set to dominate the sporting calendar this summer we're delighted to be able to give cricket fans the chance to follow in the footsteps of their heroes and try and win back the Ashes for England.

“Cricket as a sport lends itself extremely well to this type of treatment and we are pleased that with Codemasters technical expertise we will be providing gamers with the next best thing to be playing out in the middle. We are sure it will be a great success."

Prepare to step up to the crease and help England win back the trophy in Ashes Cricket 2009 , coming this summer for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION®3 and PC.

how can i downlaod this game

pls help me
    there is no option

Kevin Pietersen Signs For Codemasters And Ashes Cricket 2009

KEVIN PIETERSEN SIGNS FOR CODEMASTERS AND ASHES CRICKET 2009

Kevin Pietersen, the explosive England batsman, will be the face of Ashes Cricket 2009, the official video game of this summer’s tournament, Codemasters® announced today. Pietersen will be the game’s cover star and joins Ricky Ponting, Shane Warne and Sir Ian Botham in playing a prominent role in the game.

Pietersen’s powerful, attacking style has helped make him one of the most prominent athletes in the sport, especially following his and England’s success in the 2005 Ashes series. Now gamers will have the opportunity to emulate that success, playing as him or against him in Ashes Cricket 2009, which will feature fully licensed players, kit, stadia and equipment to give a truly authentic experience.

“I am delighted to be involved with the official game of the Ashes,” commented KP. “The game looks fantastic and I’m sure both England and Australia fans are going to relish the opportunity to take part in a virtual Ashes series. Representing your country in the Ashes is a huge honour and I can’t wait for it to start.”

Joining Pietersen as a headline star in the game will be Australian captain Ricky Ponting whose image will adorn the game’s pack art in his home country. Speaking about the prospect of gamers recreating the Ashes at home Ricky said: “I think it’s going to be massive. There are guys all over the world playing against each other trying to recreate us playing against England at grounds like Lords. We have some bad memories from our last trip to England to play in the Ashes so we are desperate to put it right.”

Ashes stars of the past are also included in Ashes Cricket 2009 with Sir Ian Botham and Shane Warne taking on commentary duties and hosting the game’s comprehensive ‘Legends Mode’. Beefy and Warney will talk players through the basics of every aspect of the sport, progressing to more advanced techniques before setting player challenges based on classic moments from the history of cricket.

“Recording commentary for the game was a lot of fun and I am really pleased with the result. It’s always good to have some banter with Beefy,” commented Warne. “I played in eight Ashes Series and it’s an amazing feeling to represent your country on the biggest stage. Hopefully Ashes Cricket 2009 will allow cricket fans a taste of what that feels like.”

Botham added: “I’m sure cricket fans in England, Australia and all around the world will have a lot of fun playing against each other on Ashes Cricket 2009. I’m very pleased to be involved in the game and hope that the people who play it enjoy the Legends Mode. In 2005 we all saw what kind of positive effect a successful Ashes series can have on the country and hopefully the boys can emulate that this year.”

Coming from the home of video game cricket, Ashes Cricket 2009 will build on the heritage that Codemasters has enjoyed with its best-selling Brian Lara series of games and will continue to lead the field with great batting, bowling and fielding gameplay and authenticity that made the series a huge hit with cricket fans the world over. Produced by Codemasters, the game is currently being developed by Transmission Games and will be released for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and the PC. A Nintendo Wii™ version, developed by Gusto Games, will be released in August.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Re: Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

I hearty welcome this discussion. I will wait for to play this video games. And give ashes cricket interesting topics. Special thanks for announcers.
    Thanks

Re: Ashes Cricket 2009 video game announced

Quote Originally Posted by aliannahfth View Post
    I hearty welcome this discussion. I will wait for to play this video games. And give ashes cricket interesting topics. Special thanks for announcers.
    Thanks
    i am also waiting for the preview of the game,, its been long time i got my hands on cricket games . Ashes Cricket is not the only game coming this year but we got Cricket 10 , Cricket 09 , Cricket Revolution computer game and much more .