View Poll Results: Which is the Best Need For Speed

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Best Need For Speed Game

Best Need For Speed Game

What part of the NFS series is the best for you?

Need for Speed installments
    Need For Speed (NFS) is a series of racing video games developed by Canadian based company EA Black Box and published by Electronic Arts. The series was originally developed by the Canadian based company Distinctive Software, which became known as EA Canada. The series debuted with The Need for Speed in North America, Japan, and Europe in 1994. Initially, the series was exclusive to the fifth generation consoles and was featured in all of the seventh generation video game consoles by 2008. The games consist mainly of racing with various cars on various tracks, and to some extent, include police pursuits in races. In Japan, the series was released as Over Drivin. After the release of Need for Speed: High Stakes, it adopted the western name. Since Need for Speed: Underground, the series has integrated car body customization into gameplay

Re: Best Need For Speed Game

I quite enjoyed Hot Pursuit 2 , ProStreet and Underground

I will go with the High Stakes on the Playstation and Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit also on PS1 .

Top five in Playstation

High Stakes - Hot Pursuit - Hot Pursuit 2 - The Need For Speed - Need For Speed II

PC top five

Hot Pursuit - The Need For Speed - Need For Speed II - Porsche Unleashed - High Stakes

Overall top five:

High Stakes (PS1) - Hot Pursuit (PS1) - Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - The Need For Speed SE (PC) - Hot Pursuit (PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-X View Post
    I will go with the High Stakes on the Playstation and Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit also on PS1 .

Top five in Playstation

High Stakes - Hot Pursuit - Hot Pursuit 2 - The Need For Speed - Need For Speed II

PC top five

Hot Pursuit - The Need For Speed - Need For Speed II - Porsche Unleashed - High Stakes

Overall top five:

High Stakes (PS1) - Hot Pursuit (PS1) - Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - The Need For Speed SE (PC) - Hot Pursuit (PC)
    Holy oh god if I'd be dammed. I've been waiting for ages to find someone who likes both nfs3 and nfs4 on ps1 more, and I've found you, because that is my opinion as well.

My top five on playstation would be:

High Stakes (PS1) - Hot Pursuit (PS1) - Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - The Need For Speed (PS1) - Need For Speed II (PS1)

My top five on PC would be:

Porsche Unleashed (PC) - The Need For Speed SE (PC) - Hot Pursuit (PC) - High Stakes (PC) - The Need For Speed (PC)

And my overall top five in the history of nfs are:

High Stakes (PS1) - Hot Pursuit (PS1) - Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) - Porsche Unleashed (PC) - The Need For Speed SE (PC)

So, the only differences you and I have are the switch between nfs1 Se and nfs5 pu, but just like me, you prefer the playstation versions of nfs3 and nfs4 over their pc versions. Whatever your reasons are are probably the same as mine, but in the first generation of nfs, I think nfs1, 2 and 5 are greater on PC, while nfs3, 4 and 6 (my top three) are better on the playstation.

The best for me was Need for speed High Stakes and Most Wanted, hope that the coming series of nfs that is Need for Speed Shift and all would be more exiciting.

Need for Speed II all time rocks. I can play this game anytime. NFS II Special Edition came in 1997. I still love playing this game. NFS 5 Porsche is also fun playing.

I still can't understand why people prefer nfs 3 Hot Pursuit PC over the ps version. Its got poor handling which is knowingly unrealistic with an annoying crashing system. If it's just downloading tons of cars and mods which gives fans the tip, and maybe the graphics, that just don't do it.

The ps version has much much greater handling (if you use handbrake on arcade mode while simulation which was ABSENT on the pc has great control anyway), better performance from the cars, faster and tough Al and better cops with the psx version feeling more 'original' than the pc version.

I never cared about being the cop since it sucks on every nfs game in the first gen with that option available. High Stakes as well was better for me on ps1, and Hot Pursuit 2. The rest, PC.

Worst nfs ever: Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Boo Bear View Post
    Need for Speed II all time rocks. I can play this game anytime. NFS II Special Edition came in 1997. I still love playing this game. NFS 5 Porsche is also fun playing.
    Porsche Unleashed was very good. It was similar to High Stakes in many ways. Unfortunetely for me, I have NFS1 SE and use it on DOSbox, but the stupid programme won't give me any sound whatsoever. Anyone have any solutions so I can get sound for tnfsse?