Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    71

    Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Hey Guys,

    I'm running Windows Vista as my opearting system. The problem is that whenever i try to play Age Of Empires II Conquerors on my system, the colors of the game becomes dull and after pressing the Alt Tab keys it seems to be working fine. I had never seen such type of issue in my life. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? What is wrong with my pc? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Even me too was having the same problem on my pc. Just follow the below steps to resolve your problem.

    Try to bring up your task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete. then select task manager, then right click on AoE2. then click on "Set Affintiy, then uncheck CPU1 and then try to play the game on your system.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Check out your graphic cards whether they are working properly on your system. Also try to update your driver and install the latest drivers on your pc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    I have made a tool called "AOE2 Launcher for Win7 1.0" to fix your problem
    It is more convenient.!

    Last edited by louislam; 21-07-2010 at 10:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Hey guys, new guy here, I decided to post this in here so that I didn't start a new thread (sorry if this is thread has been "dead" for too long). Anyways, I used to have this same color issue with AoE 2 on Vista, but now, the problem won't go away! I've tried Alt+Tabbing, or going back to desktop, but even when I get back in the game, the colors simply revert back to looking like a radiation zone after a few seconds. I've also tried the task manager thing that Ninja-X suggested, but it still doesn't work!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    413

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Even i am not much familiar with this color issue but what i guess is that there might be some issue with your system . I meant your system might won't be meeting with the games requirements. Would like to suggest you to check the same. here it is:
    • Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me/XP/NT 4.0 with service pack 5
    • Multimedia PC with a Pentium 166 or higher processor
    • 32 MB of Ram for Windows 95, 98, ME, 64 MB for Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
    • 80 MB of available hard disk space (in addition to the original Age of Empires II required disk); additional 100 MB of hard disk space for swap file
    • Quad-speed or faster CD-ROM drive
    • Super VGA with 2 MB of video memory
    • Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    • Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device


    Here it is, i guess it is not compatible with Vista. try to use it in XP compatibility mode. Hope it work fine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    It's definately not a problem with my computer; it's less than a year old, and can run more demanding games with ease. This problem seems to be widespread amongst Windows Vista/7 users.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer-boy View Post
    Even i am not much familiar with this color issue but what i guess is that there might be some issue with your system . I meant your system might won't be meeting with the games requirements. Would like to suggest you to check the same. here it is:
    • Microsoft Windows 95/98/Me/XP/NT 4.0 with service pack 5
    • Multimedia PC with a Pentium 166 or higher processor
    • 32 MB of Ram for Windows 95, 98, ME, 64 MB for Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
    • 80 MB of available hard disk space (in addition to the original Age of Empires II required disk); additional 100 MB of hard disk space for swap file
    • Quad-speed or faster CD-ROM drive
    • Super VGA with 2 MB of video memory
    • Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
    • Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device


    Here it is, i guess it is not compatible with Vista. try to use it in XP compatibility mode. Hope it work fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    This is due to poor handling of colors. The issue mostly related to the game which you are playing. The first thing you can try is trying to update drivers. I faced this issue in my Windows 7 were first I stop the process of explorer.exe from task manager and then click on file > new task > explorer.exe. Hit enter and then relaunch the game. If still that does not work then you have to obtain a new setup of the game.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    This is due to poor handling of colors. The issue mostly related to the game which you are playing. The first thing you can try is trying to update drivers. I faced this issue in my Windows 7 were first I stop the process of explorer.exe from task manager and then click on file > new task > explorer.exe. Hit enter and then relaunch the game. If still that does not work then you have to obtain a new setup of the game.
    What are the drivers again? Is there some sort of thing I need to download to fix them? Sorry, like I said, I'm not a computer wiz. Anyways, I tried the task manager like you suggested too, and it still didn't work.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,467

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    What are the drivers again? Is there some sort of thing I need to download to fix them? Sorry, like I said, I'm not a computer wiz. Anyways, I tried the task manager like you suggested too, and it still didn't work.
    I think that you need to update your video/graphic card driver to the latest version. Also it would be good if you can tell us your computer specifications. You can run Age of Empires II Age of Kings in a WINDOW using the mod downloadable from this site in Brazil:

    http://www.ageofempires2.com.br/?pag...oad-aoc-janela and click on "faša o download aqui" to download.

    Unzip to your Age directory and launch the AoC.exe to run.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Age Of Empires II Conquerors color issue on Windows Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    I think that you need to update your video/graphic card driver to the latest version. Also it would be good if you can tell us your computer specifications. You can run Age of Empires II Age of Kings in a WINDOW using the mod downloadable from this site in Brazil:

    http://www.ageofempires2.com.br/?pag...oad-aoc-janela and click on "faša o download aqui" to download.

    Unzip to your Age directory and launch the AoC.exe to run.
    Thanks for the link...but you can you be specific as to how to do this? I tried moving the file into the CD, and it said I needed a w writeable disk. Is there some other palce that AoC files are stored? How do I access this AoC.exe?

    Sorry for all the questions.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-09-2011, 10:44 PM
  2. Age of Empires 2 color problem on windows 7
    By Afiq in forum Video Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-06-2010, 04:01 AM
  4. Age of Empires: Conquerors and Vista
    By Don Purvis in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
  5. Age of Empires 2: Conquerors Cannot host lan game
    By Ruskets in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-03-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •