Thread: Resident Evil 5 in 3D Vision Confirmed for Windows

Resident Evil 5 in 3D Vision Confirmed for Windows

3D Vision. Admit it, sounds kinda gimmicky. The last time I propped a pair of "3D" glasses on the bridge of my nose, I was an undergrad in Orlando, Florida, tripping the recorded fantastic with Captain EO. (Michael Jackson was still cool, too.) Before that, my memories of three-dimensional whiz-bangery involve gawking at The Creature From the Black Lagoon rejiggered for color TVs and the old red and blue cellophane classic geek-ware. I've considered the tech suspect ever since.

Enter Resident Evil 5 for PCs, confirmed for release this summer (July, to be slightly less imprecise) alongside Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando. The latter two boast "higher resolution" gameplay as a PC-specific bonus bullet point (well duh!), while Resident Evil 5 gets a bona fide distinctive feature: NVIDIA's GeForce 3D Vision technology.

Ever stuck a pair of stereoscopic glasses over your eyeballs? Where the glasses use polarizing filters (or equivalent) to alternate what your eyes see? Like that. Or if you've ever goofed around with a Viewmaster, kind of like that, too (iin principle anyway). It looks like you're seeing one 3D image, when in fact your eyes are asymmetrically being shown two. Carried off properly, the results can be somewhat convincing.

I've yet to sample NVIDIA's 3D Vision tech — it's not exactly bargain priced at $200 for the basic kit — but it does reportedly work with a whole slew of games, some rated hipper than others in terms of their complementary "3D-ness." Resident Evil 5's not yet in the list, but rest assured the PC version will land in Nvidia's "excellent" category.

Game pros and cons aside, for all that's not unique about these versions, should we be mildly insulted about the interim hitch between console and Windows release dates?

source - PCWorld

Re: Resident Evil 5 in 3D Vision Confirmed for Windows

I am a real fan of resident evil games. I like all the series of resident evil. With the 3D vision, this one is going to be a great fun....

Re: Resident Evil 5 in 3D Vision Confirmed for Windows

I bought the nVidia 3D vision kit and this works awesome. I cannot wait for resident evil 5. It's just confirmed now.....when it will actually hit the market !!!

PC version of Resident Evil 5 supports Nvidia GeForce 3D

Publisher Capcom has confirmed that Resident Evil 5 on the PC will use the Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision technology. The PC versions of Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando receive extra features compared to the console versions.

The Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision technology, the player able to play with a fully 3D glasses to play. Whether such spectacles in the game comes and play with 3D glasses required is still unknown. The PC version later this year, will continue an online cooperative game mode, as Capcom made known Friday.

The PC versions of Bionic Commando and Street Fighter IV are scheduled for release in July. Both games will have a higher maximum resolution than the versions on the consoles. Street Fighter IV on PC will also include new shaders, so the game gets a slightly different look.

Re: PC version of Resident Evil 5 supports Nvidia GeForce 3D

I understand and know that there are other options. However, how many gamers have 2 screens. How many video cards have that special connection, which has a very expensive arrangement of Movie World.

This is not the 3D technology and developments in general. But for this feature to apply to the people at home on their usual 1000 dollar computer. It is not very expensive rocket-science equipment for 3D view.

To my knowledge there is no cheap option to show 3D images on standard equipment on the famous glasses after. Most glasses without colors that light can bend, but it will not be affordable for all in one game. It is therefore a feature which must be suitable for the masses to serve.

No, if you have two LCD's for your eyes move alternately light to penetrate to the refresh rate of your screen you can show fine two video streams simultaneously.

Also there is another technique that previously has been used once by Asus I believe. This had a glasses every turn, the left eye and right eye was blinded by the brill glass opaque to (special glasses with cable output of ASUS graphics card attached). By then to your graphics card to say exactly one frame sync for one purpose should be rendered and the other frame for the other eye, it will also 3d.

Unfortunately this effectively halved the frame rate which games you just could run no longer were playing.

A special piece of nVidia software ensures that the image is rendered a bit to the left and right shifts, just as you see when you omstebeurt your left and your right eye open. These glasses with shutters ensures that you always see a picture with your left eye and another with your right eye.

For the whole flash-free to the left and right images also redundant. All in all, you have to a 30fps image to get a 120Hz monitor needed. (30fps x 2 eyes x 2 frames). Only the glasses, you have nothing and I also expect that with the games included.