Thread: SimCopter Unrecoverable Error in Window Vista

SimCopter Unrecoverable Error in Window Vista

Hello,

I have a Copy of old Classic Game simcopter , Which i Though to play on my newly installed Windows vista system , but when i try to run Simcopter on windows vista , it Crash and Give me "Unrecoverable Error!" before Closing . can You Tell me how Can I Solve these Problem Thanks in advance for Your solution

Re: SimCopter Unrecoverable Error in Window Vista

Hello , Go to the application of SimCopter, right click, go to properties, go to compatibilty, select Windows 98/Windows ME (this one works best) under the Compatibility mode. You may also want to check off the box for "Run program as administrator". This will fix most of the crashes (at least it makes it playable), so enjoy!

Re: SimCopter Unrecoverable Error in Window Vista

Well I found the solution! It turns out that SimCopter needs a slower CPU to run properly (I think the code is using software loops for timing purposes - a bad idea). Well Microsoft has (or used to have) a little utility (cpugrab.exe from their Directshow SDK toolkit) that uses up a user selectable amount of the CPU which effectively slows it down for all the other running programs - i.e. SimCopter! So to run SimCopter without the annoying "unrecoverable errors", follow these steps:

• Download cpugrab
    • Run cpugrab.exe and set the slider bar to 75% (or higher or lower)
    • Run SimCopter
    • Have fun saving Sims!
    • When you finally exit Simcopter, it sometimes ends with an error message.

One thing to note is that you'll need to run two CPUGrabbers if you have a dual-core system (more for quad-core, etc.). I ran them at 99% and 85% with a 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, effectively making it a 330 MHz Core 2 Solo, and the game ran great.

I have had a problem with simcopter playing on my computer vista is the os. i had studied the problem for a while and found a solution that you may want to try. I got an unrecoverable error and found if you have a computer that has duel cpu the game has a problem. the fix is go into the bios setup and disable deul cpu. this will make your computer run only on one cpu instead of two. change it back when your done. to get the bios when the computer starts press f2 or f1 depending on your system.make the changes and save the computer will restart. when windows starts goto the simcopter file and right click on the exe icon and click on properties. run in win 98 mode and run as administrator at the bottom click apply. play the game. I hope this helps you