Thread: Problem with Halo

angry Problem with Halo

Hello Friends,

Whenever i try to play Halo on my pc, a black screen windows open for a second and then it says that "a problem occurred initializing direct3d". Can any body tell me that why i'm unable to play Halo on my system? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue. any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with Halo

You may have to update your video card driver from the card manufacturer. Video card drivers are pieces of software that tell Microsoft Windows how your video card functions. When you have configuration problems with a game and the game display, your best option is to upgrade your video card drivers to the most recent version.

A problem occurred initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG. Halo could not correctly initialize the 3D part of DirectX (Direct3D) to display the game. DirectX may be corrupted or video Hardware Acceleration may have to be increased. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site.

Microsoft recommendation: This can occur if you are running a utility that forces your video solution to use a particular update rate when you run DirectX games. Examples of utilities like this would include, but are not limited to, PowerStrip, ReForce, NVTweak, NVHardPage, RivaTuner, and Refresh Force. Try to disable these utilities. For more information about how to disable these utilities see the page where you downloaded them. You may also be able to override these utilities by setting a customer update rate for Halo by using the -vidmode command line parameter.

This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• You are playing Halo while you are running your computer in Safe Mode.
    • Your computer uses a fixed function video card.
    • Your CPU speed is less than or is equal to 1 gigahertz (GHz).
    • Your system memory is less than or is equal to 128 megabytes (MB).
    • Your video memory is less than or is equal to 32 MB.