Thread: Unable to read text in Counter-strike

sad Unable to read text in Counter-strike

Hey Guys,

Recently i had installed Counter-strike for the first time on my pc. It seems to be working fine but the only problem is that i'm unable to read the text on the menus. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my system? Does any body have any idea about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above problem.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Unable to read text in Counter-strike

Not a good file. If you want to get this working on Vista Ultimate 64 bit then actually don't change the masterservers.vdf to read only, otherwise it will probably not start up. At least, it was the case for my Vista. The thing is, it's like this had been heavily modded. It comes with some extra maps, missing textures, a crazy menu sound and very long loading times if you start your own games.

There are two ways to obtain this game. You can purchase Half-Life and then download the modification from counter-strike.net. Alternately, you can purchase a retail version of Counter Strike that has everything you need to get started.

The current off the shelf Counter-Strike game is version 1.0. There is an update available at counter-strike.net that will take you to the current version. As of now I have heard of no plans to make the retail version ready to play off the shelf.

Try to set the gameinfo.txt file to run automatically,when you run your dedicated server, in order to make it read only. For doing that just right click and go in to Properties.There will be a little box near the bottom that says Read Only. Make sure this box is checked. That's it.