Thread: Windows 7 Punkbuster Issues In COD 5

Windows 7 Punkbuster Issues In COD 5

Hello , I am Facing lots of punbuster issues with the cod 5 , Fewdas back when i was Connecte to online Servers , i was Being Kicked lots of times , i Cannot Get connected for more than 10 Second , Finally I found out that problem was due to punkbuster and it says to manually update my files etc. I dont to How to perfomed this Updation Procedure Can You tell me How Can I solve this punkbuster Issue With cod 5 Thanks in advance

Re: Punkbuster Issues In COD 5

Hello , its Maybe firewall or antivirus problem, If your firewall is not blocking cod5 and you have tried updating yet it still fails, uninstall reinstall pb with pbsvc from evenbalance site

Re: Punkbuster Issues In COD 5

Hello , These are normally encountered on servers runnning custom maps and/or mods. Normally all you need to do is go to console (in game) and type in "reconnect". There is a limit to how many iwd files you can have. In the case of Cod4, there is a mod folder. under that folder should be a folder related to the server in question. For example my server folder would be victory2. In that folder I would need to remove all files ending with the file extension of .IWD. There is also a users folder (cod4) that contains custom maps with the iwd extention.

Re: Windows 7 Punkbuster Issues In COD 5

Hello , To be able to run all games that use PunkBuster on Windows 7, you need to hack it:

• Go to C:\Users\\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\\PnkBstrB.exe and enable "Run As Administrator" in the "Compatibility" Tab
    • Go to "services.msc", enable "Interact with Desktop" for PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB services
    • Go to C:\Windows\System32 (on x86 OS) or to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (on x64 OS) and enable "Run As Administrator" in the "Compatibility" Tab
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever