Thread: Dawn of war 2 starting issues

Dawn of war 2 starting issues

I was just wondering if anybody knew whether my specs are good enough, im sure my cpu speed and ram is fine its just the graphics card that i dont really understand how to tell whether it is good enough. anyhow my specs are:

Intel pentium 4 cpu 3.20 ghz, 1.60 ghz
    3.50 gb ram
    32 bit operating system

Gecube radeon x700 graphics card

I get an error saying "failed to find a supported hardware rendering device, ensure that your system meets minimum requirements for dow 2, verify that direct x is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system"

Could anybody tell me whether its my computers specs or a software failure that is causing this.

Thanks for any help

Re: Dawn of war 2 starting issues

Sounds like your video card isn't supported which means you can't start up the game, even if you got a new video card though you would need to upgrade your CPU as well.

Here is a Minimum Requirements for Dawn of war 2

• Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
    • P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
    • 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
    • A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
    • 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

More: Dawn of War II System Requirements Revealed

hi all,
    i faced the same error. i tried to update video,bios,chipset drivers and directx on a vista installed machine but it changed nothing after all these dirty work. i just right clicked the exe and select run as administrator. it works well now. i just want to share it.. maybe it works for you too...

Just try to Shut down your Steam. Go into your Steam folder (wherever you installed it) and delete the ClientRegistry.blob file. It may have become corrupt, which can cause that problem. When you restart Steam it will create a fresh ClientRegistry.blob file that will hopefully fix the issue.

You need to install the DirectX 9.0c for this game. You can download it here: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...009_redist.exe

Hope this will resolve the issue. Good luck

Thanks for all the tips after all that nothing seems to work seems my comps specs are not upto standards, as i enjoy my gaming i need to keep my computer in date but i have one problem im not too sure on which graphics cards are compatible with my motherboard and likewise with the cpu.

My motherboard is as follows

Board: Fatal1ty AA8XE (Intel Alderwood-ICH6R) 1.x
    Bus Clock: 204 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/17/2005

Im gonna probably look into getting some parts off of ebay but if anybody could give me a headstart it would be much appriciated and would come in handy because i have no idea which cpu and graphics cards compatible with my motherboard would comfortably play dawn of war and other high spec games ...

e.g would http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMD-Athlon-64X...cmdZViewItemQQ be efficient or would http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMD-Athlon-64X...3286.m63.l1177 be ok too as it is cheaper

thanks again

hey.... i think your computer specifications are great even your graphic card except one thing - i feel your processor speed is low compared to rest of your specifications, it should have been somewhere around 3.0 Ghz or more....

Ah k so is my graphics card ok or not? because im getting mixed messages and i will look to replace my cpu very shortly