Thread: Cannot uninstall game

Cannot uninstall game

Hi everone i installed a game 2 my computer 2 months ago. When i got bored of it i deleted all the files and emptied the recycle bin. Now i can not get in to the game. So i tryed to installed the game again but it would not let me because it said it was already installed. So i tryed to uninstall it but it would not let me because it could not fined the files. I tryed to uninstall it from control panel, add and remove but i had deleted it from there to and it didnt have an uninstall on on the disk start menu. Dose any 1 have any ideas what i could do to uninstall the game. Thanks

Re: Cannot uninstall game

The only way I know of is to delete it from the registry using regedit, which will make your computer think it isn't installed, allowing you to delete the folder and re-install.

I read somewhere else on these forums where you need to look and what needs to be removed. Try a search for 'registry'.

Re: Cannot uninstall game

The problem occurs because you had deleted the game file directly instead of uninstalling it which is the standard way of removing any software or game. Now it is not allowing you to reinstall the game because it is finding the game related entries in the registry.

Now what you can do is go to the registry edit and delete any keys related to your game. Then you can install the game again... probably. By the way, what game it was?

Note:
    Editing/deleting registry entries can be harmful to your computer if you do anything wrong. If you mess up with the registry, your windows may CRASH. If you dont have fair knowledge about registry, then dont try this. take help of expert if possible.