Thread: far cry 2 mods

far cry 2 mods

Hello peeps,
    I have already finished the Far Cry 2 Game and wanted to play it again by adding some mods as well. So can anyone tell me what is the best Far Cry 2 Mod that is available and from where I can get it. I am running on Windows XP platform with the graphic card HD 4850. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks alot.
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

Re: far cry 2 mods

Far Cry - Far Cry 2 Mod (v1.0 Beta)

Description:
    On a scale of 1 to 10 for interesting, this mod rates a wow! Although there is no mission associated with this jungle download, it is a great place to spend some time checking out the (still) awesome capabilities of this old engine! Don't fret though, as there are some scattered baddies placed throughout, along with some weapons...add in some imagination, and you have yourself a fun place to be, even with the absence of any objectives.

Far Cry - Far Cry 2 Mod (v1.0 Beta) contains updated textures for every single-player weapon along with much more realistic damage. The models and textures are aimed at realism and are attempting to emulate Far Cry 2. It includes several other mods and several new weapons all with newly updated realistic textures; The accuracy of the weapons are more realistic as well as having more armor penetration when appropriate (no more 6 shots to the chest to kill, more like 1-4 depending on the weapon) There is also a new map included as well!

Some tips for use with this download include:
    Use "P" for new weapons
    It is recommended to use a new profile as some things may not work correctly with your normal far cry saves (no errors found, but just to be safe)
    More weapons can be had by editing the 'devmode.lua '

Click here to Download the File

Play with this map also called The Siege (v1.0):

Description:
    Shirokii is back he does not disappoint! He is here to provide you with his newest release that is sure to provide you with some intense Far Cry 2 action! If you're looking for a large map that will provide all of the participants with some serious eye candy and an area with enough realism to draw you in, then you're in the right place!

Allowing multiple-gamemodes to be possible, The Siege has everything a dedicated gamer wants...rooftop firefights, urban warfare, open area clashes...and more! No matter what your preference is, this map will support it, making it user friendly for everyone; Snipers will especially love this map as there are so many great places to make your perch, forcing the players on the other team to act more cautiously and always be aware of where the nearest cover is and most importantly, act as a team. The story behind The Siege is a simple one, the APR has attacked a small city which is being held by UFLL soldiers. Depending on which side you're on, you may be responsible for defending the town as a UFLL soldier...or infiltrate the city and find your way trough the underground as a APR soldier.

As an incentive to downloading this map, Shirokii has also provided a trailer of The Siege, get an idea of what you will be in for!

Click here to Download the File

For the people that are still playing farcry 2 ; ubisoft released 2 bonus missions for this game ;

* the intel bonus missions * ( the Morrocan and the American) :

http://www.worthdownloading.com/down...=2824&id=17330

Hello, I am having a Far Cry 2 Widescreen playing issue on my LCD Monitor with a resolution of 1440 X 900, can anyone help me out.
    There's no such thing as "i can't" there's only "i don't know how"...

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchreality View Post
    Hello, I am having a Far Cry 2 Widescreen playing issue on my LCD Monitor with a resolution of 1440 X 900, can anyone help me out.
    If you are somehow bothered by a reported widescreen FOV issue recently identified in Far Cry 2. Far Cry 2 is actually a cropped version of the 4:3 video, reminiscent of a similar problem, or design decision, from BioShock. Good news, a fix was created by Racer_S over at Widescreen Gaming Forum, who also created a homebrew fix for similar problems in BioShock.

Download Far Cry 2: Widescreen Fix