Thread: Download PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.70

Download PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.70

hello , I am a Owner of Sony playstation 3 and I Heard About the Update in the Firmware of Sony playstation 3 also that it Improves Some of Basic Functionalities , So i Would like to know Where Can I Download the Firmware , thanks in advance for your Replies

Re: Download PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.70

Yup , Sony has updated its PlayStation 3 with firmware 2.70. Quite expected, it brings some improvements that were requested for a long time.

Here is the list of improvements the new firmware:
    • Instant messaging to communicate simultaneously with 15 contacts and / or 3 rooms
    • Opportunity to continue a dialogue during the execution of a game
    • Possible classification of connected according to their status
    • The maximum size of an attachment changed from 1 to 3 MB
    • Videos purchased on the PlayStation Store can be stored on an external disk
    • Videos purchased on the PSP can be transferred to the PlayStation 3

I Dont Think , They Have Been allowing user to Download the update till now , We might Have to Check it Out

Hello , The update is now available for download from the PlayStation 3 itself, or as a direct download From This Link. The update includes a new Text Chat feature that can be used in-game to communicate with 15 online friends. A user can partake in up to three chat rooms at any given time.

Hello , Check This Official Blog Post on playstation Site

Hi everyone, we’re adding some great new features with the next PS3 firmware update (v2.70) that will continue to enhance your connected experience on the PS3. The 2.70 update brings a new Text Chat feature that enables you to communicate online with your PlayStation Network friends. Now, you’ll be able to chat with up to 15 online friends using the Wireless Keypad, on-screen keyboard, or other compatible keyboard peripherals. Not only can you chat with your friends instantly, but you can also access Text Chat while playing PS3 games and even participate in up to three chat rooms at once.

In addition to Text Chat, we’ve added a few more enhancements:

• Friends list on the XMB (XrossMediaBar)
    • Sort your friends via their online status
    • Attach larger files to the messages you send to your friends (file size will increase from 1MB to 3MB)

Video delivery service on PlayStation Store
    • Video files you’ve purchased from the PlayStation Store can be backed up to an external storage device and then restored to PS3’s internal hard drive for playback – so you can clear up space on your hard drive and then restore the video anytime in the future
    • Videos you’ve purchased for PSP (PlayStation Portable) system can now be transferred to PS3 for playback