Thread: EA is selling small downloads for The Godfather II

EA is selling small downloads for The Godfather II

EA brings shortly after the release of The Godfather II all downloadable content from. The so-called 'premium upgrade packs "contain new weapons, characters and multiplayer maps for the game, on April 10 will appear.

The Godfather II will appear on April 10 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Two weeks after the game get players out of the console version has the ability to download additional content to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. On April 23 will be called premium upgrade packs appear that EA extra weapons, characters and multiplayer maps available.

The packages are delivered in three different flavors. The arms package are five additional weapons at level four. This upgrade is 3.99 euro or 320 MS Points cost. For the same price the second upgrade pack can be purchased, making a new character Jimmy Lira to The Godfather II is added. Finally there is the Corleone bundle, in addition to the weapons and new playable character, contains two new multiplayer maps. The comprehensive package will cost 9.99 euros, or 800 MS Points. EA was already known that immediately after the release of The Godfather II, the multiplayer mode Thursday Control free download.EA brings shortly after the release of The Godfather II all downloadable content from. The so-called 'premium upgrade packs "contain new weapons, characters and multiplayer maps for the game, on April 10 will appear.

The Godfather II will appear on April 10 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Two weeks after the game get players out of the console version has the ability to download additional content to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. On April 23 will be called premium upgrade packs appear that EA extra weapons, characters and multiplayer maps available.

The packages are delivered in three different flavors. The arms package are five additional weapons at level four. This upgrade is 3.99 euro or 320 MS Points cost. For the same price the second upgrade pack can be purchased, making a new character Jimmy Lira to The Godfather II is added. Finally there is the Corleone bundle, in addition to the weapons and new playable character, contains two new multiplayer maps. The comprehensive package will cost 9.99 euros, or 800 MS Points. EA was already known that immediately after the release of The Godfather II, the multiplayer mode Thursday Control free download.

Re: EA is selling small downloads for The Godfather II

I think this type of action is also shameful. I think you should even consider that the content just on the media have been pressed mediums.

Extra game content as a success after a while to develop and launch is a good thing, but a game at launch + extra content, which is already in the game would belong to are not on the already tender price, I personally find quite cowardly.

I think they wanted the multiplayer even if additional downloadable content release, but from there because it very hard to notice.

If you want to play online, you are obliged to buy those packs. Otherwise you lying there after the games folder A from folder B because you (the DLC) have not. Whether you are seriously at a disadvantage because you do not have certain weapons .....

The difference is that the DLC for Civ IV and many other games are not ready and within a very short time available were!

It is now a bit:

We bring you the new type of Opel, is prettier, better and more economical than the old model, but you must separate the round wheels buy, because we have to leave some more to earn .. eh ... we mean, because we later made ..

No, it is now starting to be where I was afraid of was with all those 'micro-transactions', we just let out a lot and who cares now that 3.99 euros eh .... but yes if you purchase 10 packs for 3 games to buy, you're soon on 120 additional cost for these games.

for games such as Rockband and Guitar hero, I can still understand, and there is a choice to buy what you like without any impact on the game itself, but if there is (better) weapons can be purchased separately allowing you to IMBA multiplayer can get, there is something wrong ... type micro transaction arms race or something ... you have to upgrade / buy a chance to retain ...

* edit: added 'without any impact on the game itself,'

A nice recipe for "How do I help my company to the destruction"?
    Previously a good a recipe for "How can my company more money with less work"

I think it is of course a ridiculous action of EA, but here I think a lot of pretty heads about it. Because if people once a game, then they want to pay for the extras. For EA do not agree such a plan so crazy.

The market is also growing (growing very fast indeed) so there are always more potential customers. Games and are now just a product with a huge high fixed costs and low marginal costs (for 1 unit to produce) the marginal cost is almost non-existent. So the rising cost of developments even if compensated by increased sales.

On the other hand, there is also a diverse range, ie more competition, but finally I think that the total is more sales per game.

And EA is a company, they want profit. The people who make the decisions there think of the profits, not how it is. and sells it to see the growth of EA.

You can not see EA as a developer with a passion for games.