Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

cool Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

this is what i did and it works fine

on the target file of the shortcut type this:

"C:\Program Files\Counter Strike 1.6 Reloaded\hl.exe" -nomaster -game cstrike -d3d

it works fine with me.

Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

thx chris
    anyway i didnt wrote it all just added -d3d at the end and it worked for me (for black screen and no buttons)

you are correct nitrous just add the -d3d at the end of the shortcut.after the fresh installation.

tnx

Windows 7 64-bit, CS 1.6 Gold Edition --- tried all the suggestion nt working... finally i gave up to play my fav game...
    Last edited by Ning_lok; 04-05-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: q

Quote Originally Posted by shervinlcm View Post
    Replace these 2 attached files with the files existing as the same name in your CS folder . now you are able to play it in your 64 bit windows 7 .
    Not working ..instead game crash.. i hope u sleep well tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by Ning_lok View Post
    Windows 7 64-bit, CS 1.6 Gold Edition --- tried all the suggestion nt working... finally i gave up to play my fav game...
    try complete uninstalltion. and add "-d3d" on the target file without "".

I have read up on this difficulty and it seems that Antivirus can occasionally interfere with your games. However if you disabled McAfee, I don’t notice this as the trouble. One more major reason can be running out of Page Pool Memory. This is a unique type of memory utilized for Direct3D Applications. Running out of Page Pool Memory will effect in game crashing as you describe.

sad Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

hi!
    i have a problem too....when i played cs 1.6 full p48 protocol clean in windows 7 and then one day it says somethin about rendering...he changed from openGL,the render that worked,into software....when i click it it shows black screen and no music.....im playing with a laptop plzzz help meeeee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aaaa333 View Post
    hi!
    i have a problem too....when i played cs 1.6 full p48 protocol clean in windows 7 and then one day it says somethin about rendering...he changed from openGL,the render that worked,into software....when i click it it shows black screen and no music.....im playing with a laptop plzzz help meeeee!!!
    Could you please tell us what is your computer specifications? You can easily choose the Compatibility mode to play CS 1.6 on Windows 7. Just right click on the exe file of counter strike and go to Compatibility tab, after that just tick on 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' then choose 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3), start the game and play without any problems

sorry..but can you give me cd key for this patch..i want play counter strike on LAN

Quote Originally Posted by syazemo View Post
    sorry..but can you give me cd key for this patch..i want play counter strike on LAN
    What cd key for which patch ?? I cannot see any discussion above about patch or any Cd key. For playing CS on lan what you need to do is just make a server and let other people on the lan join your server. Thats it. What patch is required for the same ??

i tried to connect for lan games and then it disconnected because invalid cd key..can u please help me how to solve this problem?...i want to play lan with my friends...

Alrite, i got the problem. This error basically occurs when you have any downloaded verison, or you might have borrowed CD from any of your friend that has been already used. Anyways, there is an patch called as "patch v23b". Many users have fixed the said error with this. Just google it, download and install. One more thing, adding amx mod to server can also fix this problem

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    There is a bit compatibility issue on Windows 7. It will work in some cases. But there is a fix for that and if that does not works then there is now way of running Counter Strike 1.6. First right click on the shortcut of the counter strike and then click on properties. Go in compatibility and then choose Windows XP. Exit the windows and then run the game back. If that does not work the install Counter Strike Source.
    or choose windows xp sp 3, its work based on compatibility thank youuu

Quote Originally Posted by axderka View Post
    I figured it out! right click counter strike in your steam list and hit properties. Set launch options to "-d3d" (without quotes.)

THIS WORKS!
    I figured it out! right click counter strike in your steam list and hit properties. Set launch options to "-d3d" (without quotes.)

THIS WORKS!

this thing really fix the problem, you can also use "-software" (without quotes ofcourse)

do it in here (without quotes): right click the icon, then properties
    in the target tab, it should be

target:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6\cstrike.exe" -software
    or
    target:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6\cstrike.exe" -d3d

this is the only way, the video is not that fast as open GL but atleast it works.

Thanks axderka

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast