Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

Naughty Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx_good View Post
    sorry for the post mentioned above, the problem still persists...I have a different problem than yours...I enter the game then connect to a server , i can choose a team even i am "DEAD" or "ALIVE" in game after choosing the team desired it takes a 3 seconds long before he freezes completely...IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS MINE PLEASE CONTACT ME...sorry for my bad english
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM i dont know how to fix it right when i get in a server it will just freeze and i think the reason for this problem is that i have Windows 7 installed and 64-bit computer i think that to get it to work the easiest way is to uninstall windows 7 (if possible) and it should work but i dont wanna do that because windows 7 is faster better and cooler lookin so if anyone has any advice or a way to fix it....PLEASE REPLY TO THIS !

Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

Well there is a major problem of CS on Windows 7 system. Even after changing the compatibility mode to Windows XP, it won't runs. Even if you change it to D3D mode rather than OpenGl, it may work for sometime and again starts the problem. Now as you have asked for some suggestion and you don't wanna uninstall Windows 7 as well, than the only way is to do the Dual Boot. That is Windows 7 and Windows Xp on separate Drives. You can do your work on Windows 7 and when you need to play CS, just switch back to Windows Xp. This is what i do

Quote Originally Posted by HairulAiman99 View Post
    hey All,mybe you did not try this:
    1)press properties at czero.exe
    2)press compatibility
    3)click at run this program in compatibility mode for...select vindows vista (service pack 2)

sorry for my english
    it usefull for me
    Thnx a lot mate ...it worked for me. i use a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
    pc config :: nvidia 280 (512 ),4gb ddr3,640 gb hdd and a core i5.

my counter strike(condition zero) is not working on windows 7 professional 64 bit.anyone can help me fixing that....plz

There is another way through which you can get the game to be played well. All you need to do is to change the settings from the options to video settings and make it to 3D mode in Open GL option. I hope this should then help you out well or make the installation of the game under compatible mode for Windows XP.

ThumbsUp Re: Counter Strike 1.6 won't work in Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by shervinlcm View Post
    Replace these 2 attached files with the files existing as the same name in your CS folder . now you are able to play it in your 64 bit windows 7 .
    Thanks alot.. this helped me out Win7 x64
    Last edited by MoRpHx; 23-10-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    I think you required a fixed dlls included with a unofficial latest patch.
    sorry.. had not posted this earlier..

its working perfectly well in Build 7260 - 32bit

dont know why it did not work in build 7100 64bit

Can anyone help me. I have 64 bit ultimate and GMA 965. x3100. I downloaded the intel drivers. In open gl I can hear the menu sounds but I don't see the words.

Thanks.

its working but when to play lan , , it shows invalid cd key . . what's the problem . . ? ?

It mostly happens with a game which is pirated. That means you had not purchased the license copy of the game. For that there is not solution to run the game without cd key. It is simply unethical. To test you can download a demo of the game and check. That will work without a issue. There are other more free fps game which you can try out, they give similar look like counter strike.

mine is windows 7 home basic ...i am not able to run counter strike condition zero ...HOST_INIT:couln't load gfx/palette.imp is being displayed wat shld i do?

Quote Originally Posted by sravan_569 View Post
    mine is windows 7 home basic ...i am not able to run counter strike condition zero ...HOST_INIT:couln't load gfx/palette.imp is being displayed wat shld i do?
    If you can just uninstall and reinstall the game then try also in getting the updated patch for windows 7 of this game and install it on your pc. You can also try downloading the maps from cs website. If that does not work, post some of your system specs, like CPU, operating system, how uch RAM, and your video card. Sometimes just reinstalling the latest patch will do it.

I am using windows 7, 64 bit... had the same issue, GOT IT FIXED.

Instructions below are only for the solution of this problem:
    CS 1.6 does not work... When i start Counter Strike 1.6, i get a black background and just hear the music, when i move the mouse i hear the menu sounds and i know that it has started but no display..!

FIX:

# Open Steam
    # Go to the "My Games" tab
    # Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
    # Select "Properties" from the menu
    # Click the "Set launch options..." button
    Type exactly whats IN the quotations "-32bpp"

(didn't read the entire thread so not sure if anybody recommended this yet)

I figured it out! right click counter strike in your steam list and hit properties. Set launch options to "-d3d" (without quotes.)

THIS WORKS!

Quote Originally Posted by shervinlcm View Post
    Replace these 2 attached files with the files existing as the same name in your CS folder . now you are able to play it in your 64 bit windows 7 .
    Many thanks shervinlcm for your help !
    I replaced those two files in my CS folder and now I can play CS normally.

Before this, I had a black bakground and a small window when CS were running.
    For those who have this issue: a smaller window with black background and no buttons, do following :
    1.unninstall your graphic card;
    2.go to manufacturer's web page and download the latest version for graphic card;
    3.replace those two files in your CS folder(under STEAM); I didn't try this for CS1.6 non-Steam version.
    By the way, I deleted this file : sw.dll and I copied this one from shervinlcm's archive : swds.dll.

Enjoy!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast