Thread: Counter Strike: Source play with bots

Counter Strike: Source play with bots

Hello,
    Can Counter-Strike: Source be played offline same like Counter-Strike: Condition Zero? I wonder if it is possible to play with bots on counter strike source, and if so how it should be done. When i run the game i see only two options which are Create Server and Find Server.

thank you.
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Counter Strike: Source play with bots

You would have to set up a server on your computer then just fill it with bots and yourself and perhaps make it a password protected so noone else walks in? i dont know never done it myself so i could be way off, but that is what i suggest.

Simply go to "create server" then check the "add AI players (bots) in the party." We can then choose the number of bots and their level of difficulty.

After creating server with a password, open the console window by pressing "`" key (above the left tab key) and type "bot_add"

bot_add t for adding a terrorist
    bot_add ct for adding a counter terrorist

You can't play it completely offline, but once you login to Steam you can play it offline. Go to create server, add your bots and your password (which won't be neccessary if it is offline), and then start the game. I don't think it is much fun playing with bots and all, but whatever. You can still do it.

Also it isn't possible to run a LAN game using Steam-Down. You have to actually have the game and then use the real Steam to run the game otherwise you will get the error. As I said earlier about running CS offline too, you will have to login through the internet, but after that you won't need a connection.

I hope this answers all of your questions.