Thread: Problems with shadows in Crysis

Problems with shadows in Crysis

I just installed crysis again and started to play it. But seems strange shadows moving around the game when I am playing and it looks very annoying. I run the game on high settings and it is fully patches.

Re: Problems with shadows in Crysis

Try to install the game again and do not update it. If that does not work try with v1.2 and v1.21. And what about the V-sight, it is there? If it is try to take it off.

Hey have picked a little about it and after I sat down on shadow effects device and back to high run it for some reason perfectly, but thanks for your response.

From memory med-high extends the range and even what will cast a shadow map. At very high extras get added and the depth of the shadows can change by time of day etc. But some of this is affected by what your control panel is set to, which patch of crysis you run and 32/64 and if dx9/10 and what others settings are set to like Shaders. There are 1600 cvars in Crysis and the common mistake is my high is the same as your high settings. Crysis has a look at your machine and sets a template of "high" to your machine specs so actual editing of settings can increase the looks on your machine.

On all very high vs high even DX10 you notice the shadows are affected by other light and the textures are given light information better on V high vs high.

I do not have this problem, the shadow matches whatever I'm actually doing with no lag, except for a few minor weapon switches or if I'm carrying something large. I'm running the latest WHQLs (the .09 betas completely screw up aspect scaling for me) on an 8800 GTX.