Thread: Unable to install Fallout 3 on Windows 7

angry Unable to install Fallout 3 on Windows 7

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. The problem is that i'm unable to install Fallout 3 game on my system. During the installation process, the process goes to around 50% and stops automatically and doesn't complete the 100% installation process. Can any body tell me why i'm unable to install Fallout 3 game on my system? Can any body help me out to resolve this problem? Any information o this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Unable to install Fallout 3 on Windows 7

I suggest you make a note of them as you change them, so that you can put them back later)

1) Made zip backups of my player data just in case.
    2) Uninstalled Spore via uninstaller (opted to keep player data)
    3) Used “regedit” and searched for “Spore” to check for any registry entries. The few I found, I exported out and then deleted. Be very sure you know what you’re doing here *1.
    4) Rebooted the PC.
    5) Access the Regional settings in control panel and use the Regional options tab to do:
    A) Set standards and formats to US English
    B) Set region to US
    6) Click the Details button for the Text Service Input Language option on the Language tab.
    7) On the Settings tab:
    A) Set default language to US English
    B) Clicked OK.
    8) Restarted PC.
    9) Reopened the language options tab to get back to the Text Service settings (see step 6) then:
    A) For the installed services, deleted the UK English service so I only had the US English one left (as well as my Japanese service — which didn’t need to be deleted)
    (Just make sure you ONLY have US English and NONE of the other English services)
    10) On the Detailed settings tab (Of the Text Service Input Language window):
    A) For the system configuration (bottom of the 2 tick boxes) ticked the box to turn Detailed Text Service OFF.
    B) Clicked OK.
    11) Click the Detailed Settings tab on the Regions and Language Options window and set Unicode to US English.
    12) Clicked OK and restarted PC.

At this point your PC should ONLY have US English on it. And it should be the default language used by the PC.

We'll need more than what you gave. What errors are coming up? Describe what's happening. If your drives are showing up in the installer, and Windows 7 refuse to go past that screen, try disabling your IDE drives.

You can get technical support from the technical support website. They would help you out to resolve your issue.