Thread: Counter Strike and AMD Phenom Processor

Counter Strike and AMD Phenom Processor

My son has a one year old PC: HP Pavilion m9180.sc-a, which was paid a part of. PC include best parts with a 8800gt graphics card and an AMD phenom x4 GP9500 processor and 3 GB DDR2 677 MHz RAM.

His problem is that when he plays counter strike source with classmates significant with older PCs or notebooks, he has always the lowest fps - and so bad that it apparently will cost the game, so he is ready to throw the computer out. He has put everything on lowing graphics and it does not help. Could there be something wrong with setup or other things that can make it run better. Does anyone with a good explanation that can help?

Re: Counter Strike and AMD Phenom Processor

There may be something inherent in the background and takes effort. You can try to scan for viruses and other crap, disable unnecessary programs, updating drivers, and other things. I can also format if there is anything that does not helps.

Has it always been so? A CS players tweak their course cfg file, maybe it is like to be. But as Hitman22 comes on, you can scan your PC for viruses and spyware. Defragment if necessary.

Or if C drive is about to be well filled up, then Disk Cleanup also do miracles.

There is no need for scripts and everything with such a computer. I would guess that my computer is about equally strong and I can run CSS at 1280x1024 with everything on highest and 8x AA and AF.

Regardless of one's hardware, I will keep to the configuration of one's cfg can influence the number fps. Ex. I drove my COD WAW with 60fps on a 8800GT. Then switched to a GTX285, but the fps was virtually the same until I made a little adjustment in the cfg file.

Run already css.cfg

In addition, updated all drivers through HP's program to check the drivers, like scanning for viruses has failed. While there is ample hard drive capacity, it is not installed many programs.

Is Norton Antivirus installed, so turn it off - it can be terribly dull, and is not better than the free Avira AntiVir or avast.