Thread: Computer Freezes while playing online games

angry Computer Freezes while playing online games

Hey Guys,

Whenever i try to play online games such as Jewel Quest, Inspector Parker,etc my computer freezes up. If i try to do any thing else on my pc it works perfectly, but i can't play online games. Do any one knows why i'm having such kind of problem on my pc? Can any one help me out to resolve this problem? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Re: Computer Freezes while playing online games

It might be a problem with the computer, as it happens in both browsers. I would like to know that which version of Java you have installed?

Lets make sure that IE has all the latest Flash and Shockwave installed in it.

I've had a few machines act like this. It's usually the PSU nearing it's end of life. Try stressing it with prime95, multiple copies if you have a dual/quad core cpu and see if it still fails.

You can also try running 3Dmark and see if it causes it to fail. If you think it's a heat problem, try playing games with the side cover off.

On the assumption the freeze only occurs during games, it's worth reviewing whether your DirectX multimedia services are in order.

1. Click Start, then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type dxdiag, then click OK. 3. This will run the DirectX diagnosis tool.

Failing that check whether there may be a conflict with any of your devices by clicking on your control panel and checking for any exclamation marks against devices.

Failing that use System Restore to revert to a period when you knew it was running games without freezing.