Thread: Mods on Battelfied 2

Mods on Battelfied 2

Hello,

I wanted to know if you were fan of the mods of battlefied 2?so i am looking for (EOD2, FH2, OPK, CQB, Battlegroup frontlines, Tactical Progression…).
    i want the information on Modding and Editing.please if any one knows help me to get it .
    Welcome with all. thank you

Re: Mods on Battelfied 2

1 Realism Mods
    2 Historical Mods
    3 Anti-Realism Mods

check here for more details

all Mods here for download check here

http://www.battlefield2mods.org/

After placing second for the past 2 years running, a historical first in the 7 years Mod DB has been holding the competition, Project Reality, who was the only Battlefield 2 mod to place in the top 10, finally notched past some very stiff competition to take home top place. We would like to extend our congratulations out to all of the top mod teams for their great finishes this year.

A few tools are going to needed to start the process of modifying Battlefield 2 and getting your mod set up correctly. I will show you how in this section to create a small custom graphic that will show up under the community/custom games to display your mod logo and talk about some tools that you are going to need.

The first thing that you are going to need is a graphics program such as Paint Shop pro or any other program that can save your pictures or graphics as .png files, a text editor such as notepad will work fine for editing some of the game configurations, and WinRar to un-compile some files that will be used for later making modifications to the game.

Now go into the graphics program that can save your files as .png. Create a custom graphic that will display what your mod is about make the graphic around 300px by 500px. I’m not to sure of the correct size that is needed but the game will adjust it for you if it is too big or to small.

Once you have created the graphic for you mod save it to your main mod folder with it named mod. Make sure it is saved as a .png file or it will not show up in the game. Once you save it go into the Battlefield 2 game go to community/custom games and click once on your mod name. Once you do this you should see the graphic that you just saved in the top right hand corner of the screen.

It’s now time to give the mod a description that will go under your newly created graphic. Exit the game and go into your main mod folder again, you should see a file name Mod and it will be a DESC file. Open that file in notepad, once opened you will see the description that they gave Battlefield 2 under community/ custom game. Now just delete the text and URL’s. Do not delete the code tags such as <URL>, <logo>, <icon> and <music> you needed these.

Now type in a description of your mod between the code tags <desc> and if you have a website for you mod put that between the code tags <URL>. You can also add your own custom music to be played along with the mod when clicked on, add your music file between the <music> code tags and the version of your mod between the <version> code tags.