Thread: Empire: Total War suffers Nvidia drivers compatibility problem

Empire: Total War suffers Nvidia drivers compatibility problem

The strategy game Empire: Total War suffers from compatibility problems with the latest drivers from Nvidia. According to the makers, there is no way the game had to be tested with those drivers, and now problems have arisen.

According to Sega, the publisher of the game, stabbing the problems with the Nvidia drivers only emerging as the latest versions of the drivers are installed. Sega also advises users to switch back to older drivers, the problem is resolved. The problem is included in a list of known issues "that Sega in its support website.

On the same page makes Sega reported a number of known problems with the use of Steam. These problems have mainly to do with downloading the full game from Steam, with the restart of the Steam client often a solution. Another problem is that gamers with a full retail version in-house, the game may still need to download from Steam. Sega has this problem is now a solution published, which allows the game just from the supplied DVD to install.

Re: Empire: Total War suffers Nvidia drivers compatibility problem

I'm not sure if this is the same problem (by SEGA not precisely defined), but I started after a few battles huge lagging and subsequently crashed.

The steam plant problems I have had, but they were quickly resolved. I have also the problem that if I have a city under Siege "and I went into it and I like to win the battle that my withdrawal defense and I can not conquer the city. I hope all these problems quickly release a patch.

Despite all this remains a great game, can not wait until I have time for it to play (read time to have more than two / three battles to play). The change in strategy, especially for melee to gunpowder is getting used to but otherwise it is so boring.

I also sometimes when I do win, I am out of town with all their armies are still in, I lost a lot of armies ...

Even if the game crashed every hour, suddenly I'm in windows, no mention or whatever.

I have no experience of Lagging , and that everything in its highest @ 1920 * 1200 on a 9800gt is pretty good.

CTD's, Glitches and corrupt save files are the most common.

Lagg has more to do with the many graphic options that are not fully on point, a little rumble with settings and testing is the only solution.

Often it is rather to the user that a bit too enthusiastic with its settings according to its specs.

For me at least helped to run a version of the Nvidia driver.

Well again a pity that the game still has many other gameplay bugs.
    You pay so the maximum for a brand new game that still feels like a late beta.

They would better the game is now 50% cheaper and only if the game works as it should return 50% there. Unfortunately, returning a new trend in games to unfinished work on it.