Thread: Playstation 3 Nat Failure problem

Playstation 3 Nat Failure problem

Hello, I have a problem with my ps3 .. I used to connect to playstation @ network but now it is impossible to play online. And on my computer's connection it is ok, but if I want to download something on Limewire it is impossible .. I think its should be a NAT problem .. On my playstation when I try the connection the test fails, can anyone help please ..
    Thank you to answer me as soon as possible.
    JUSTVICKS returns with a great relief
    and freedom is my realistic belief
    all above all
    someone shall fall
    but not me
    just wait and see.

Re: Playstation 3 Nat Failure problem

UPnP is not necessary, but can make it easier to set up your firewall. Without it you are responsible to set up what ports the PS3 needs open, with it the PS3 requests the ports it need. Of course this leaves you open on your other devices such as your PC to trojan's, etc, that open up ports that should be left closed.

Yes, most often, NAt type failures have to do with your firewall or ISP provider.

I researched "Nat Type Failure" for weeks because I was having similar problems. On a lark, I rebooted the dsl modem and suddenly I was able to connect. I have had no problems since rebooting the modem. On the router, UPnP is enabled.

When you do a network test what does it say the NAT Type is? You want Type 2 if you're connected through a router...

If you don't have Open (Type 2 on the PS3) you get all sorts of network errors and connection problems etc. You need to put your PS3 in the DMZ of your router or open some ports in your firewall...

Make sure your PS3 has a static ip address that you gave it and set that address to your DMZ on your router.

How to get a Type 2 (Open) NAT on your PS3

Having a closed or limited NAT on your gaming console will cause a variety of issues. Similar to strict, moderate or open on an Xbox 360, the PS3 offers Type 3, Type 2 and Type 1 NAT results. These break down as follows:

Type 1 - Connected directly to the internet (no router/firewall). Should have no issues.
    Type 2 - Connected through a router properly. Should have no issues.
    Type 3 - Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PS3. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

While most everything will function properly regardless of what your NAT setting is, your best bet is to set up your PS3 so that you can obtain a Type 1 or Type 2 NAT. Since most of us have routers at home for connecting multiple computers or devices to the internet, chances are the best we will get will be Type 2. Thankfully that's fine and everything will work properly.

If you have not adjusted your settings on your PS3 or router, chances are you have a Type 3 NAT and probably never knew it. With a few simple changes you too can have a Type 2 NAT. Order now for just $19.99. But wait, there's more.

For more information go to this link.