Thread: No program menu found Error With Diablo On Vista

No program menu found Error With Diablo On Vista

Hello, I Was trying to install Diablo 2 but when i run the install.exe or autoplay, an error message saying "no program start menu found" appears. what could be the problem.I am trying to install it on My Windows vista computer. I am suspecting my OS (windows vista ultimate). But I m sure its not a compatibility issue because i have a friend who was able to run warcraft 3 in a vista computer. Thanks You In Advance

Re: No program menu found Error With Diablo On Vista

Hello, You Can do Go under the start menu, and on the right there is games. Check to see if it is there. If it is, paste a shortcut on the desktop.hope it Will Work For you

Hello, This is the solution
    1. Start, run, regedit
    2. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders"
    3. If there is no string in there called "Programs" put that in with the value: (note the double slashes - escape sequences - which are necessary)
      C:\\Users\\%USERNAME%\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs
    4. If the string is already present, and you are running Vista with UAC enabled (it prompts you to Continue/Cancel and/or enter a password before installing the game) log off, log on as an administrator, and install the game, and any expansion packs necessary.
    5. Go into \Program Files (x86)\StarCraft and grant "COMPUTER\Users" full access to all subdirectories and all files.*
    6. This will ensure you're able to save games, replays, download new maps, and update the application WITHOUT being an administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Hello, I Was trying to install Diablo 2 but when i run the install.exe or autoplay, an error message saying "no program start menu found" appears. what could be the problem.I am trying to install it on My Windows vista computer. I am suspecting my OS (windows vista ultimate). But I m sure its not a compatibility issue because i have a friend who was able to run warcraft 3 in a vista computer. Thanks You In Advance
    Hello, Have you tried using the right-click and Run as Administrator option and Also Download the update Diablo Patch ,
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Hey. I followed the directions but there was no folder called "Shell Folders", just a folder called SessionInfo and a REG_BINARY file called "ShellState". Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Try turning off UAC and give it another shot. My suggestion is to bypass the autostart sequence on the CD and manually find the installation file. Double-click it and hopefully it should start immediately.

UAC is already off and there was no autostart sequence in the first place. I might just be up shit creek without a paddle. Thanks anyway!

Funnily tho I had this same problem with Starcraft, but then I downloaded a version off the net and that worked. I think its just some versions of Blizzard games with some versions of Vista.

Is there any thing I can do 2 get my computer working again? It was turned of f & on real quick. (thanx 2 the unknowing) now when I turn it on it says no programs available. Is it totaly done? or is there some way I could get it back.? it was programed w/xp