Thread: Cannot play online games

Cannot play online games

Hello

I have for quite some time a very persistent. I recently bought CoD 5, World at War, all works fine except online, as on my other games. (GTA IV and a lot of games Steam (CSS, TF2, DOD: S. ..)) And none of their OnLine work for me.

I will detail the problems.

COD5: I can see about 2 or 3 servers, with default filters, the last patch (1.3) but impossible to reach. In general the loading hangs at "Synchronizing with server". I opened the ports.

GTAIV: The online works! But not normally, ie that that there are more than 5 or 6 players on the same server as me, I am disconnected. Otherwise when we are less, no problem.

I have Numericable with fiber optic I CastelNet a router (I think it is a router. This is a box which sends the WiFi and ethernet cable, and it receives the optical fiber)

My config is sufficient:

Gainward HD4850 Golden Sample
    E8400 3.00GHz
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 Cas4
    Gigabytes and EP35-DS3P

My drivers are upto date

Please help

Thank you.

Re: Cannot play online

Hi

It may seem con but often these problems can be related to a firewall misconfigured.

A test: Disable the firewall (if you have ZoneAlarm or the Windows Defender firewall ...) and tries to locate servers and join enjoy!

Re: Cannot play online games

I had a similar problem and the active x bar was not showing. I decided to download active x on my own. It worked. Also you can try a registry cleaner such as "Registry Booster". If that doesn't work make sure all your settings in the tool bar are set to default window settings. You can always download a new Explorer version too. Computers can make you crazy....hope it helps!