Thread: Pc reboots while playing WoW

angry Pc reboots while playing WoW

Hello Friends,

I like to play games on my pc, especially love to play World of Warcraft. I used to enjoy a lot while playing World of Warcraft game, but from last few days my pc constantly reboots and i can not play the game any further. This really annoys me a lot. I don't know what happen suddenly to my pc, it was working fine prior to this issue. I tried everything to get rid of this issue, but couldn't succeed. Do any one know what exact problem do i have on my pc? Can any one help me out to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re: Pc reboots while playing WoW

A random restart like the ones described above could be caused by a Windows blue screen of death (BSOD). There is an option in Windows to automatically restart the computer when one occurs, which is enabled by default. To turn it off:

1. Right click My Computer and select properties.
    2. Select the Advanced tab
    3. Click the bottom Settings button
    4. Untick Automatically restart
    5. Click OK twice.

Next time your computer gets a BSOD you will see the error. Make a note of the Stop code (eg Stop: 0x0000080) and the error in the top left (eg PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA), along with any file names that appear in the BSOD. You will then have to start your computer.

Cheapest way is probably to get more casing fans (usual size 80mm, most casings can take at least 1 120mm fan). Try to optimise the airflow, plan the inhales and exhales, this will reduce pc temp without spending money. This will reduce temps of everything in your comp.

Cooling your CPU directly, there is a whole lot of heatsinks and fans out there. I don't know exactly what you'd need, since most of my knowledge on heatsinks are for Athlons and P4s. Maybe someone else can help you there. The best (IMO) heatsinks out there which might be compatible are the Thermalright XP90, Thermaltake Silent Tower, Thermaltake Pipe101. Maybe they're not the best out there, but you'd be strained to look for better ones. Don't forget these are just heatsinks, you'd need fans to go with that. I'm currently using a Thermaltake UFO, and although I really like it, I think you might be better off with a 120mm fan. Check beforehand if it fits the heatsink (shouldn't be able to fit the standard heatsink), but if it won't fit, there are always 120mm to 80mm adapters out there.

There are several things that could cause these problems. Without a little more detail about whats happening I cant narrow it down.

First try running a virus scan and a spyware scan. Do you have a soundblaster audigy soundcard? If so they are reported to cause problems with WOW. I had to disable my soundblaster audigy. Maybe turn the graphics settings down on your PC.

For future reference when posting for technical problems always give as much detail about the problem as you can and the specification of your machine.