Thread: Problem with Counter Strike

Problem with Counter Strike

Hello

I am having a problem with counter strike.I am currently using BSNL Broadband with a plan for home of Rs 750. I also have a modem UT300R2U and the problem is i am not able to port forward with this game as there is no availability of option of Virtual Server in the configuration setup.
    I also wanted to ask that it is necessary to buy Steam software or is it possibe to create a Non steam server?
    i tried to create Non steam server; but it is not getting detected in the internet List.

so do you have any idea on this

Please provide some help

Re: Problem with Counter Strike

Try deleting your AUTH folder (c:\sierra\half-life\auth or c:\sierra\counter-strike\auth)
    If that doesn't work, first uninstall and then COMPLETELY delete your sierra\half-life or sierra\counter-strike folder. " (CS help and Support)

Clients need to communicate with the Secure Master servers (port 27012). First, make sure there isn't a firewall problem.

2) Make sure you do NOT have a file called "woncomm.lst" in your \cstrike folder. If you do, delete it. This file should ONLY reside in your \valve folder.

3) Open the "woncomm.lst" file in your \valve folder (using notepad) and make sure there is an entry that looks like this at the bottom of the file:

Secure
    {
    half-life.speakeasy-nyc.hlauth.net:27012
    half-life.speakeasy-sea.hlauth.net:27012
    half-life.speakeasy-chi.hlauth.net:27012
    }

If your "woncomm.lst" file DOES have the "Secure" entry and you still can't connect to the Secure Master servers, it might be a DNS problem. Try changing your "Secure" entry to look like this:

Secure
    {
    216.254.95.155:27012
    64.81.178.5:27012
    64.81.159.155:27012
    }

5) Make sure you have the latest firmware for your router. We've heard reports of people with Linksys 4 port routers having problems and when they updated their firmware the problems disappeared. " (CS Help and Support)

2) Make sure you have the latest CS version. You mentioned you can't use the auto updater. So head to http://www.counter-strike.net to download the latest patch.

3) In CS, check your settings. Make sure they are setup for you type of internet connection. On the Internet Game Screen, look in the top right corner and make sure it says 'ADSL' or "cable" or whatever connection type you have.

// hostname - Set the name of your server
    hostname "My Counter-Strike Server"

// rcon_password - This allows you to control your server remotely, things like changing maps, kick/ban clients, etc.
    rcon_password "specialpassword"

// mp_buytime <seconds> - The amount of time to allow purchasing weapons/equipment on round start
    mp_buytime 0.45

// mp_startmoney <money> - Specify how much money players start off with
    mp_startmoney 800

// mp_c4timer <seconds> - How long before the c4 explodes
    mp_c4timer 45

// mp_timelimit <minutes> - How long each map should be played before switching levels
    mp_timelimit 25

// mp_freezetime <seconds> - How long players are unable to move during round starts
    mp_freezetime 5

// sv_cheats <0/1> - Whether to allow game cheat commands to be used by clients. 0 = off | 1 = on
    sv_cheats 0

// sv_maxrate <1000-25000> - The maximum bandwidth rate the server is allowed to transmit to clients
    sv_maxrate 10000

// sv_pausable <0/1> - Whether to allow clients to pause the server. 0 = off | 1 = on
    sv_pausable 0

// sv_contact <email/web address> Contact email for server admin
    sv_contact "admin@domain.com"

// sv_region <1-7> - The region of the world to report the server in.
    // region codes can be found on this page.
    sv_region 0