Thread: Games on EEE PC linux

Games on EEE PC linux

Hello,

I bought "EEE PC with Linux on it. I use it mainly at home. I was wondering if anyone had experience with new games out to continue.Could someone tell me in baby language to explain how this works?
    please tell me thank you ...

Re: Games on EEE PC linux

I want to tell you now that Call of duty and other similar games do not go. And if you have a normal game of the Internet to play for Windows is that you can not even play.

Well, you will not be too much to expect from gaming on a EEE. You simply have your limits in terms of hardware (video card, screen, processor and hard drive). The option of MFA is probably the most feasible. There are in the Linux world and many fps to find, based on the Quake3 engine.

Anyway: just search in the repo's to your Linux Distributions games. This can be found in Add / Remove Software.

Well ... Linux is not known as game-OS ... But that is mainly because most games require DirectX.
    However, there are more than enough opportunities for gaming in Linux. Look further in this topic for a nice overview of games for Linux.

And let's be honest: If you have an EEE PC, you just do not expect too much gaming. The TS also shows that he thinks especially simple games. For Linux there are many possibilities to install ...

How to Add Games to the Asus EEE PC

Step1

Back up your files and settings, preferably to a USB flash drive, especially if this is your first experience with adding programs to your ASUS Eee PC, or you are new to using Linux.

Step2

Synaptic Program Manager Synaptic Program Manager Use Terminal Mode by selecting the Ctrl+Alt+T keys simultaneously to access a program called Synaptic. Synaptic enables you to read about several games as well as install them, mostly from preapproved compatible sources. Also note that many games for Linux and the ASUS Eee PC are obtained through file repositories. These may be updated via Synaptic as well. If you are working in Advanced Mode or with KDE, you can also access Synaptic via the File menu.

Step3

Typing in Terminal Mode Typing in Terminal Mode Access Synaptic in Terminal Mode by typing “sudo synaptic” (no quotes), then hitting "Enter." The Synaptic Package Manager should now be viewable. Do not worry about mistakes at this point since the Synaptic Manger will not install programs without your permission.

Step4
    Games in Synaptic Manager Games in Synaptic Manager Find "Games" or “Games and Applications” in the left-side Synaptic window listing. Click on "All" and then type “G” or “Games” for faster location. Notice how the different names of packages (programs) appear on the right side. Click on these individually, or use the search function to find games of interest. Their description is available in the lower-right box underneath the games list.

Step5

Right-click on a game you wish to install and select “Mark for Installation.” A confirmation menu will appear; select "Mark" and "OK."

Step6
    Select “Apply” in the Synaptic Manager to complete the process. After the game is added to your ASUS Eee PC, you can elect to view the “Details” to verify how the process worked.

Step7

Game directory Game directory Navigate to the /usr/game directory, with your File Manager, to locate your game. Simply click on it, and the game should load if the installation went well. For convenience, you can learn how to add an icon or link, depending on which Linux setup you have.