Thread: Ping Problem in Call of Duty 5

Ping Problem in Call of Duty 5

Hello , I play Call Of Duty 5 Online a lot.Normally I play on the British favorite server However, I encountered a small problem. Some days, my ping is as high as 100 to 160 which is a ping. Other days, it is at 40-60. ? What Could be the Source Of problem ? I use a 10/10 Mbit connection please Help me Solve it Thanks in Advance

Re: Ping Problem in Call of Duty 5

Hello , Well close any programs you're not using to play counter strike. But, if you're trying to connect to a server that is over an ocean, it's natural to have a high ping rate... Hope you Get the get the Idea About it

Ping actually shows you how long it takes to go round trip. It's measured in milliseconds.No, you can't speed it up and you don't need to watch packets with wireshark to see how long the round trip takes. Simply start ping, use the -t (continuous) switch and watch the ms portion of the response to see if it changes.

There are many ways to reduce your lag, one of them is mentioned in the above post (By adjusting your graphics and sound settings so that the computer isn't putting as much effort into ensuring that these are of a better standard than they actually need to be.

However, it is not just the game settings that are causing this high ping. Nowadays, many internet players, maybe from different countries, have faster connections than others. If the majority of the players on the server have a faster connection than you, then you will experience lag (They will be making the speed of the game quicker).

Also, when joining a server, on the browser list, it is a good idea/good practice to check the ping of the server (Shown as latency on the server list). The lower this number is, the better the speed/quality it will be on your computer.

You will never have top notch quality when playing over the internet as many people come and go, different events within the game happen (which cause the game to freeze for a very small amount of time whilst the server updates).

Even I receive the high ping / there is a problem with your connection message. It becomes quite annoying at times, but the only real way to get rid of it is to have a faster connection and check for the latency on the server list. Software and hardware firewalls are also responsible for quite a few slow-downs on the game. However, these are required in order to ensure that your computer remains stable and virus free.

Hello , You can go here http://www.dslreports.com/tools Run the tweak test. It will tell you things you can change to get a little more from your connection, it usually doesn't do a lot, unless your settings are bad off.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You also may want change your routing settings, (I use alternate firmware on my router, more options) just type in you router's address, the default gateway, usually 192.168.0.1 but you should look it up (start, control pannel, network connections, click on your internet connection, in your case, the wireless connection, and then click the support tab, the ip adress you wanted is listed under default gateway) into you browser, default login info will be something like

root
    admin

or

admin
    password

you can easily look up the login info for your router, just do a google search. Anyways, you should be able to tweak your network for better gaming performance, also, you'll be able to see the addresses of everyone connected to your router (in case someone IS hijacking your router.)

Hello , Try the game with nothing running in the background. No ventrillo, no xfire. The pings should be better and if it is then its probably because your internet service has low upload speed.